Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

1 minute ago, stewiek2 said:
3 minutes ago, est1874 said:

Now someone who was at the FAB (another site) is saying that's not the same crest they were shown.

The plot thickens.

Not sure why they'd register a trade mark without intent to use it, so unless they've been taking people around the houses on this one... I'm properly confused now tbh.

Expand  

I hope they're just trademarking all options as to protect the designs against any leaks getting into the hands of dodgy kit makers etc.

But they did it on the 20th Dec and nothing since, surely they would’ve trademark all at the same time especially when Heck said it would be released in a few weeks so it would be cutting it fine.

On 29/12/2023 at 22:35, May-Z said:

Saw this knock up on social media earlier. 

Sounds like we can discount any round options  so I would be pretty happy with this as a shield alternative. 

FB_IMG_1703889075937.jpg

On 29/12/2023 at 23:27, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

Zero point in this but what the hey, it's a slow day. Maybe we could have it for a couple of weeks mid-January

Screenshot 2023-12-29 at 23.24.42.png

Compare the leaked badge to these. They're miles better, night and day for me

• Like 1

Just now, punkymonkey666 said:

I wonder how they are planning on doing the drop shadow on the shirt badges.

You have to go to the club shop and they use a sharpie.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, punkymonkey666 said:

I wonder how they are planning on doing the drop shadow on the shirt badges.

Wouldn't be able to embroider or rubberise that.

Castore has promised next year's kit will gather and condense all the sweat into one particular area and shape.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, thabucks said:

I wonder how much the criticism is based on the somewhat irrational (imo) hatred of Heck - NSWE would’ve signed off on it so are equally if not more culpable. Wait to see what it looks like on the shirt on the pitch before I froth at the mouth over a badge… 

I can’t speak for others but my opinion has nothing to do with Heck (on whom I think it’s too early to judge and whose arrival I was excited by)…

The design is pointless… there is barely any change.

But what’s most detestable and shocking is sticking with the same yellow and blue… it’s a joke and everyone knows that it simply doesn’t work.

It’s lazy, uninspiring, unimaginative and pointless…

So I choose to disbelieve that this is it, for now. I never would’ve thought that we would come out with something like this…

I will be shocked, appalled and massively disappointed if it ends up to be…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Looks like a soup label, it’s a hard no from me.

If these designs are anything to go by we should all quit our jobs and become designers as the majority of us could pull together something superior to that 5 mins job that better represents Aston Villa Football Club. 

Posted (edited)

Is it possible that the trademark is just for the design elements and not the actual final product? i.e the placement and shape of the badge elements: crest, lion, star, year, name etc. I am clutching at straws because I just cannot understand why NSWE would sign this off. It’s so amateurish.

Edited by mikeyjavfc

5 minutes ago, jayEm said:

Compare the leaked badge to these. They're miles better, night and day for me

I think we’d struggle to find many designs from anyone that aren’t better and more creative than this…

14 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Looking down that list of trademarked designs…

I’d rather go back to this than settle for crap like that, at least you can see the bloody lion!

spacer.png

I would have so many crests from our past over this one. How are we going backwards with things like this.

1 minute ago, burchy said:

Looks like a soup label, it’s a hard no from me.

If these designs are anything to go by we should all quit our jobs and become designers as the majority of us could pull together something superior to that 5 mins job that better represents Aston Villa Football Club. 

The truth hurts…

it can’t be this, surely?

So frustrating, if this is it. I think the elements are right, not bothered about which way the lion faces anymore, but:

a) as others have said, the main crest issue was always yellow on blue, and a drop shadow is a crap solution for that; and

b) the composition of elements is off, it's unbalanced. 

I don't have the font so this is a bit botched, but in my opinion, you do this and we're good (similar to what I posted recently, so annoying that it's close!)

sort it.jpg

• Like 2

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

I would have so many crests from our past over this one. How are we going backwards with things like this.

I’m not convinced this is real or what we’re going to go with… refuse to believe it at this stage.

But I’m giving my honest view and opinion on whatever that design is, whoever created it, whatever it is for… don’t see the point in holding back and expected a hell of a lot better…

Based purely on the image and design…

it is really shit 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Muller Yogurt Long Sleever said:

So frustrating, if this is it. I think the elements are right, not bothered about which way the lion faces anymore, but:

a) as others have said, the main crest issue was always yellow on blue, and a drop shadow is a crap solution for that; and

b) the composition of elements is off, it's unbalanced. 

I don't have the font so this is a bit botched, but in my opinion, you do this and we're good (similar to what I posted recently, so annoying that it's close!)

sort it.jpg

Since they’ve insisted on a shield design…

Top right, job done (but gold rather than yellow lion and a softer blue).

Edited by Jas10

I’m tired… F it

Just keep the old badge then n stop faffing about for no rhyme and reason… there is no point.

Crazy how we can’t do so much better than this…

So many ways to go about it

spacer.png

Why have they bothered if that’s all they could come up with, it’s no better and arguably worse than this original version…

Waste of time 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Â