Future Club Crest & Brand Identity

fightoffyour

For me:

• A fiercer lion rampant, facing left 
  • It must say Aston Villa
  • The shades of claret and blue need to be correct, and need to be set forevermore
  • We need our own font that is distinctively ours and will be deployed consistently across all branding

Everything else is just padding IMO. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, est1874 said:

For me:

• A fiercer lion rampant, facing left 
  • It must say Aston Villa
  • The shades of claret and blue need to be correct, and need to be set forevermore
  • We need our own font that is distinctively ours and will be deployed consistently across all branding

Everything else is just padding IMO. 

The ‘current’ shield badge has a pretty fierce lion. To be any fiercer it would need an AK-47. Perhaps someone could mock that up. 

Edited by Spoony
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Spoony said:

The ‘current’ shield badge has a pretty fierce lion. To be any fiercer it would need an AK-47. Perhaps someone could mock that up. 

You really think this is fierce? It looks like a malnourished house cat spilled some wine, got so drunk it saw stars, and started trying to maul them while falling over backwards.

80f6f110-6118-11ed-a6b3-1df785db180f.png

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 0Lamptey said:

I did the same exercise. Chelsea, Middlesbrough, Burnley, Glasgow Rangers, are the main ones I think of.

1860 Munich and Lyon also have prominent Lions.

Then there's the Premier League Logo on the sleeve patch, Holland, Scotland, England, Czech Republic National Teams. 

Lions.png.b51243bdffb369dfe1b81212ca50e809.png

The Dutch one is a Lioness 😉

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, est1874 said:

You really think this is fierce? It looks like a malnourished house cat spilled some wine, got so drunk it saw stars, and started trying to maul them while falling over backwards.

Looks a lot better rotated slightly forward and with the star removed from its eye line.

And I'd say it's better than the previous one when that's done

image3.png.547a18134db80fd92a46d0ae8e61780d.png

And even better still if you use the larger slightly more detailed lion from the gaslamp badge. 

Edited by MrBlack
  • Like 3

Is there even one design in this thread that everyone likes? 😆

A much smaller group that can’t agree on anything here, so how can the club appease the majority of the whole fanbase?

Need to come up with their own, professional designs. Rather than design based on and influenced by fan opinion - it’s too limited and restricting doing it that way.

Fans can discuss and vote on those designs later… before a final choice is made.

We need more of a choice than last time too… more of a difference if we are going to choose or vote on designs.

• Like 2

I suspect the shield idea is probably the right idea for the club, in terms of an identity that can be put on physical things like buildings and wotnot - it harks back to the Old Trinity Road stand, and the mosaic and the kind of plinthy thing inside the stadium - they both had this arrangement, and it suited completely.

mosaic.jpg

I like the Randy Lerner era mosaic on the Holte end stand, too. It fits in pretty well. Not perfect, ideally it would be a little closer to the original on the Trinity, but it's pretty fine for that purpose.

HE mosaic.jpg

I'm not sure though that mosaics on buildings necessarily make great shirt badges.

Like a lot of other people, I'd like the name, not initials and a Golden Lion facing left. Doesn't need much more than that.

• Like 3

With the club stating, on more than one occasion in the survey, that it feels the shield best represents the history and heritage of the club… I think we’re going with a shield, regardless of fan opinion.

May aswell just accept it, but we need a good design.

It’s probably going to be similar to the previous crest with a couple of tweaks.

Main thing to sort is the yellow lion on blue background.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, est1874 said:

I was referring to the shield design, ie this one:

spacer.png

if it has any more pointy bits it’d be a hedgehog 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is there even one design in this thread that everyone likes? 😆

A much smaller group that can’t agree on anything here, so how can the club appease the majority of the whole fanbase?

Need to come up with their own, professional designs. Rather than design based on and influenced by fan opinion - it’s too limited and restricting doing it that way.

Fans can discuss and vote on those designs later… before a final choice is made.

We need more of a choice than last time too… more of a difference if we are going to choose or vote on designs.

This is why I think just lion and Aston Villa and leave it at that. Even those that don’t want it can’t be THAT annoyed. 

Always liked this one, but I think the circle idea is dead.

Just have Aston on top Villa on bottom and get rid of Prepared. Great colour scheme. Everything stands out nicely.

Anyway, it’s going to be a shield.

spacer.png

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

This is why I think just lion and Aston Villa and leave it at that. Even those that don’t want it can’t be THAT annoyed. 

Yeah but then we’re just gonna argue about the lion 😂

I think you’re right but I’m sure we’re having a shield, they keep stating it’s what they want.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Always liked this one, but I think the circle idea is dead.

Just have Aston on top Villa on bottom and get rid of Prepared. Great colour scheme. Everything stands out nicely.

Anyway, it’s going to be a shield.

spacer.png

Awful

Fact is you are never going to please everyone so the club just need to pick one and stick to it FFS.

Edited by Hank Scorpio

1 minute ago, Hank Scorpio said:

Awful

Fact is you are never going to please everyone so the club just need to pick one and stick to it FFS.

Yep, we’re never going to agree on one. There will never be a design that will be universally loved. We can’t even agree on one here 😂

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Don’t think the badge would’ve been changed if we had gone with this colour scheme in the first place.

Yellow on blue was the greatest mistake.

Replace AVFC with Aston Villa somehow and get rid of the star if you want. Pretty much done.

Gold lion on claret, blue in the border and even the text. 

spacer.png

Was just about to say, invert the colours on that one and it's not actually so bad, star throws it off though and probably blue overdone.

Maybe AVFC in white would work.

• Like 2

Â