Aston Villa Kits 23/24

ferguson1

Just now, avfc1982am said:

I love Adidas but not sure how the stripes would look on a Villa kit, it might look horrendous. I'd like Puma or New Balance. Puma design some of the best kits around imo, different designs and detailed.  

Yeah I like Puma, loved all of the stuff they produced for Italy…

• Like 1

Is “the shirts will be more affordable/cheaper” any sort of clue…?

Which big brand/manufacturer charges reasonable prices for the football kits they produce?

Just now, Jas10 said:

Yeah I like Puma, loved all of the stuff they produced for Italy…

Me too, I was thinking about the Italian kits as I've had some of the Puma gear myself. Really nicely produced.. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Is “the shirts will be more affordable/cheaper” any sort of clue…?

Which big brand/manufacturer charges reasonable prices for the football kits they produce?

Under Armour? Kappa? Reebok? 

Who sponsors the 76ers and Bucks etc 🤔

6 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Heck had Nike for the 76ers and received a lot of praise for it… they were recognised as high quality kits (is that what they call them over there too? 😆)… oh wait… jerseys n shorts 😂

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

None of those names strike me as capable of providing a lucrative deal…

Kappa are shite and poor quality, look at the crap they produced for us last time.

Under Armour gave us shitty purple shirts the last time around… not a “leader” are they?

Reebok are nowhere and nothing these days…

I just get the impression that it’s a big, leading brand…

it’s probably Nike but Adidas or Puma could be considered in the same or similar “bracket”…

from a design perspective, I’d really like Puma

Adidas and Nike will probably bring the real “big bucks” though…

we just have to wait and see, no real information out there atm

we just know that we’re changing from Castore to someone else - bigger and better. 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Heck had Nike for the 76ers and received a lot of praise for it… they were recognised as high quality kits (is that what they call them over there too? 😆)… oh wait… jerseys n shorts 😂

I wonder if they'll sponsor our Soccer Cleats too?!

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

8 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Nike are the league-supplier for the NBA, ie they supply every team, as is the case with the NFL also.  Have been for about ten years, since they ditched Adidas.  So Heck didn't really have anything to do with that decision.  

Most professional sports in the US have league-wide suppliers.  The only input from the teams is colours and some design tweaks, but they have no choice on who they get them from.  Interestingly though, the clubs can sell "licensed" replicas and apparel under other brands....

They call them uniforms, which as a military family does grind the gears a bit.... 

The word cleats was adopted for "soccer" (pronounced sahccer :) ) from the footwear worn in baseball and American Football.  To be fair on that one, they're hardly "boots" are they either, so each culture has some work to do to get that terminology fixed....!  😂

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, FLVillan said:

Nike are the league-supplier for the NBA, ie they supply every team, as is the case with the NFL also.  Have been for about ten years, since they ditched Adidas.  So Heck didn't really have anything to do with that decision.  

Most professional sports in the US have league-wide suppliers.  The only input from the teams is colours and some design tweaks, but they have no choice on who they get them from.  Interestingly though, the clubs can sell "licensed" replicas and apparel under other brands....

They call them uniforms, which as a military family does grind the gears a bit.... 

The word cleats was adopted for "soccer" (pronounced sahccer :) ) from the footwear worn in baseball and American Football.  To be fair on that one, they're hardly "boots" are they either, so each culture has some work to do to get that terminology fixed....!  😂

Oh right, thanks for informing and correcting me. Like I said, I don’t have a clue - I just listened to a podcast 😂

I was just joking around but I have a bigger problem with “soccer” than anything else they come out with..

they call a sport that is predominantly played with the hands “football” while calling a sport that is predominantly played with the feet “soccer”… huh?

😵‍💫

Great to hear these positive comments from Dan and Jacob. A nice kit is more important than the crest in many ways. Especially for the 150 anniversary year.

Also huge credit to Heck if he has managed to pull this off at such short notice. Getting out of the Castore deal, getting a new supplier onboarded, with a nice kit designed and a much better financial deal is exactly the kind of win he needs. Hopefully he sorts out the crest and can then build from there. 

32 minutes ago, DakotaVilla said:

Great to hear these positive comments from Dan and Jacob. A nice kit is more important than the crest in many ways. Especially for the 150 anniversary year.

Also huge credit to Heck if he has managed to pull this off at such short notice. Getting out of the Castore deal, getting a new supplier onboarded, with a nice kit designed and a much better financial deal is exactly the kind of win he needs. Hopefully he sorts out the crest and can then build from there. 

Not to be overly anti-Heck (as I already have a strong bias toward disliking him :) )  but fixing the Castore disaster presented itself to him on a silver platter.  We will see any major brand supplier for next year as a massive win, given what happened with the castore shirts.  As it stands we will be getting much nicer kit with two cartoonish amateur logos.... 

• Like 1

I have been scathing of Heck on the crest but if this is resolved as Bardell has suggested then we have to give Heck some serious credit.

Others that are involved in kit manufacturing are better placed than me to comment but I would imagine securing a new global kit supplier at very short notice within a couple of months and without having your pants pulled down commercially is difficult enough. To get a kit worthy of your 150th year at the same time speaks to a job very well done. 

Yes, there were things in his favour but I think executing this would have required some very serious effort.

• Like 4

For me to consider it a big upgrade in terms of prestige, we would need to become one of these:

- Nike Elite team, joining Chelsea, Spurs, Barcelona, Liverpool, PSG, Inter Milan, Athletico Madrid, RB Leipzig, and Galatasaray (Taken from Footy Headlines)

- Adidas Elite team, joining Arsenal, Bayern, Juventus, Real Madrid, Manchester United, and now Newcastle (Taken from Footy Headlines)

- Puma top team, joining Manchester City, Borussia Dortmund, AC Milan, Olympique Marseille, and Palmeiras (Taken from Puma’s official site)

They’re the groups from those 3 mega brands that the companies really put their new tech and high-end resources into (whether or not that produces good kits or designs is up for debate). The marketable, elite clubs are where all the money is, and joining that group is how we take the next step in appealing to the exploding US and Asian markets. Do we have the brand to join those clubs? Who knows.

I’m excited we’re ditching Castore no matter what, but imo for the next Kit deal to be considered a large step forward we need to join one of these groups. Being the big club of a smaller company (like we were with Castore) doesn’t have the impact we’d like.

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Whole league wears Nike to be fair :P

3 hours ago, DakotaVilla said:

I have been scathing of Heck on the crest but if this is resolved as Bardell has suggested then we have to give Heck some serious credit.

Others that are involved in kit manufacturing are better placed than me to comment but I would imagine securing a new global kit supplier at very short notice within a couple of months and without having your pants pulled down commercially is difficult enough. To get a kit worthy of your 150th year at the same time speaks to a job very well done. 

Yes, there were things in his favour but I think executing this would have required some very serious effort.

He probably couldn't believe his luck. A way to get out of a contract that he thinks he could get better, timed with performances on the pitch giving even more potential for revenue.

Although you can hear the social media meltdown down now. That it's August and the new kit is still not available to buy.

8 hours ago, punkymonkey666 said:

Gymshark perhaps?

Owner is a huge Villa fan, and UK's youngest billionaire.

Not heard of Gymshark, probably because I’m nearly 40, but that could be cool to have a unique and original design and supplier.

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Whole league wears Nike to be fair :P

That’s something I hope we never see over here, the uniqueness of each kit and supplier would be eroded completely and we’d all be wearing colour combinations of the same shirt… wouldn’t be keen. But I bet the PL would love it as they could flog the rights for another couple of billion

Edited by alreadyexists