New kits 23/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

14 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Germany changing to Nike in 2027

Thats going to feel weird 

It's simple really, Adidas picked up Villa so now have a bigger account to worry about ;) 

• Like 2

germany also has an outrage over their "inclusive" away kit

adidas Germany 24 Away Jersey - Pink | adidas Deutschland

to be fair the outrage there should be that the kit is shite

i dont think its being discussed in the reichstag because ze germans aren't that **** daft but the old white men of days gone by are out in full force - Hoeness doesn't like it, I'm shocked

21 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i dont think its being discussed in the reichstag because ze germans aren't that **** daft but the old white men of days gone by are out in full force - Hoeness doesn't like it, I'm shocked

What is that kit supposed to represent? 

58 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Oof, kryptonite for certain folks...who I'm not sure exist to the same degree in Germany?

i dunno, best part of living abroad is that I can distance myself from the absolute absurdity of it all, I'm sure there are some football phone ins with right wingers spitting over it but that's not something that fills my social media

that said i think the whole distraction politics thing is less, the right wing stuff exists but its tucked away in the background, the weird flag shagging stuff over this from the limited social media pool that i have just doesn't exist, no one here is putting "lets see how long it takes them to take this down" pictures of the German flag on Facebook, if i was being honest the worst of the yank cultural influence isnt here

all that said...that away kit is utter shite and deserves criticism, its a really poor kit, especially given they're the home nation for the euros, IMO they should be aiming for a classic iconic kit and that is not that, its way off that, its an out there 3rd kit that man utd tend to get, the home isnt much better either

England to me is a tiny irrelevant detail on a very nice shirt, Germany i would put the whole thing in the bin

• Like 1

7 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I quite like that kit. A bit like our 3rd Luke kit.

Just which they'd stop trying to shoehorn excuses in to why a kit is a certain colour or has certain embellishments. Just put the sodding thing out and price it reasonably. End of.

37 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

I quite like that kit. A bit like our 3rd Luke kit.

Just which they'd stop trying to shoehorn excuses in to why a kit is a certain colour or has certain embellishments. Just put the sodding thing out and price it reasonably. End of.

I have no idea what the complaint is with that kit either.

21 hours ago, villa4europe said:

For me the issue with kits like that is that it could be for anything or anyone. Making the badge monochrome mean you have to know to know unless you are right next to it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sne said:

For me the issue with kits like that is that it could be for anything or anyone. Making the badge monochrome mean you have to know to know unless you are right next to it.

Agreed. It's a really bland nothing of a shirt. The only thing that makes me know its Germany is their 4 stars. Had a training kit kind of feel to it. Or a Sunday league generic template kit.

• Like 2

100% agree with both

that's not a german shirt and they are the host nation of the euros, to me you go traditional and iconic, you update the classic, you don't experiment with a shirt that has zero link to them or their colours that if you took the badge off could be part of the adidas jogging range rather than a football shirt

its another adidas shirt that has been shat out by their random pattern generator and that's not good enough for germany

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

100% agree with both

that's not a german shirt and they are the host nation of the euros, to me you go traditional and iconic, you update the classic, you don't experiment with a shirt that has zero link to them or their colours that if you took the badge off could be part of the adidas jogging range rather than a football shirt

its another adidas shirt that has been shat out by their random pattern generator and that's not good enough for germany

Their green away kits are among the best ever. Just do a version of that.

• Like 2

Apparently Germany are pulling these due to the numbers design. Wonder what moron though them looking like this was a good idea :D 

It's April 1st so might be a Aprils fools gag...

• Haha 1

Not sure why they don't just pull the number 44, that'll be a bespoke order, it'll never be a player number, just block it

But Adidas are seemingly making a mess of their last German kit for a while, the biggest controversy is still it moving to Nike, people are shocked by it

On 01/04/2024 at 18:20, villa4europe said:

Not sure why they don't just pull the number 44, that'll be a bespoke order, it'll never be a player number, just block it

But Adidas are seemingly making a mess of their last German kit for a while, the biggest controversy is still it moving to Nike, people are shocked by it

adidas arent changing the font, they've blocked the 44 option 

Â