New kits 23/24

Topic will be automatically locked at 22:59

sne

Just now, Stevo985 said:

I don’t see why that makes a difference except for a convenient excuse for you. But anyway, see the post above. The ones on one of the other shirts posted are standalone. But they’re not red. Why are they ok but this one isn’t?

edit: this one

IMG_5380.png

I do not need a convenient excuse, I personally don't like what has been done, if you do fine and more power to you.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, StefanAVFC said:

If the design on the Goalie kit above isn't a St.George's cross, what is it?

Not every cross is a St. Georges cross, what makes you think the one on Joe Harts shirt is a St Georges flag and not just part of an intricate design

Just now, withes_shin said:

Not every cross is a St. Georges cross, what makes you think the one on Joe Harts shirt is a St Georges flag and not just part of an intricate design

So it's only a St George's cross if the designer explicitly state it is?

I'm sorry but this is a load of nonsense.

The shirt has a twist on the flag, as it has done many times, and because the colours loosely resemble LGBT flags (but they're nowhere near the same) and it's fashionable to call everything woke these days, there's outrage.

Snowflakes.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

I do not need a convenient excuse, I personally don't like what has been done, if you do fine and more power to you.

Sooooo you dodged the question, why weren’t you outraged the last time there was a St George’s cross that wasn’t red on the shirt?

• Like 1

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

If the design on the Goalie kit above isn't a St.George's cross, what is it?

Clearly they each represent a cross that Joe Hart flapped out in an England shirt

Edited by fightoffyour
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Just now, Stevo985 said:

Sooooo you dodged the question, why weren’t you outraged the last time there was a St George’s cross that wasn’t red on the shirt?

Just to clarify, I'm not outraged,  I don't like it.

Personal preference

1 hour ago, 479Villan said:

but in reading on this I saw your cops have adopted the “thin blue line” flag so, yeah, sorry for that also. (Though it makes it easy to identify the fash)

The thin blue line has been used by UK police as a description since the 19th century.

28 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Just to clarify, I'm not outraged,  I don't like it.

Personal preference

on what basis dont you like it though?

me personally i don't care, i don't know why they chose to do it beyond trying to tie it in to the aesthetic of the detailing on the sleeve

England (Men's Team) 2024/25 Match Home Men's Nike Dri-FIT ADV Football Authentic Shirt

3 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I reckon the designer of this one would probably be quietly amused by the way that whilst no-one batted an eyelid in 2011 when he made it, because we now live in a world where every mental newspaper baron and tinpot politician is desperate to fan the flames of culture war in order to try to keep voters distracted from how shite everything is, the nation seems to have gone barmy. Perhaps he'll tell us.

It's a thing on a shirt, that's all, you can barely see it as its on the collar and the collar is dark blue, y'know, the dark blue from the cross of St George.

Why don't we ask him? @NurembergVillan

Let's also check in with the 2010 shirt's designer

Oh

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

So is this a cross of St. George?

image.png.b96fc3441d028cb65ba7af3e4ca8bb55.png

is this?

image.png.a65efeb7085dd544e3672dd788a54c17.png

Edited by StefanAVFC
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

on what basis dont you like it though?

me personally i don't care, i don't know why they chose to do it beyond trying to tie it in to the aesthetic of the detailing on the sleeve

England (Men's Team) 2024/25 Match Home Men's Nike Dri-FIT ADV Football Authentic Shirt

Detailing on the sleeve is fine.

Just don't like the fact that the St Georges flag has been changed on a whim by Nike and the FA have accepted it.

5 minutes ago, withes_shin said:

Detailing on the sleeve is fine.

Just don't like the fact that the St Georges flag has been changed on a whim by Nike and the FA have accepted it.

but to me at worst what they've done is taken the detailing off the sleeve and tried to make a cross out of it

are we saying that any cross on any england shirt can only be a red one?

are we really that precious over a red cross? FWIW i think a red cross there would stick out like a sore thumb and look shit, this one blends in more and isn't as garish, its actually better

People are so easily offended these days.

They’ve been told what to get annoyed about and they’re all sheep, so they’re all crying about something us normal folk don’t care about.

Snowflakes.

• Like 2

Â