The Not Villa Summer Transfer Window 2023

His Name Is Death

57 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

What exactly has Arteta done other than blow a 10 point lead to finish 2nd and finish 7th and 8th in 2 other seasons?

I wouldn't be swapping him for Emerry that's for sure.

He has got very lucky with the likes of Odegaard, Saka and Martinelli coming through.

Still not convinced.

Got shot of aubamayang, lacazette, ozil, pepe and whoever else was there that didn't give a flying **** and was rinsing the club

Unai squeezed the last drop out of them (kw) but he didn't get the option to bomb them off

Not a clue who was in charge of the transfers but arteta also has the luxury of looking like they'll finally put a decent defence together, unais last months his best CB was David Luiz

• Like 1

Just now, GlobalVillan said:

Yep. Apart from the bizarre covid season when Liverpool won the league, Man City have won it every year for ages and will continue to do until Newcastile get up to speed with dodging FFP amd making ludicrously expensive signings.  There is no title race and Arsenal signing Rice for double his value isn't going to change that.

Liverpool won it with 99 points or something daft didn't they?

The only time city lost the league was when Liverpool got the 2nd highest PL points tally of all time

21 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

Yep. Apart from the bizarre covid season when Liverpool won the league, Man City have won it every year for ages and will continue to do until Newcastile get up to speed with dodging FFP amd making ludicrously expensive signings.  There is no title race and Arsenal signing Rice for double his value isn't going to change that.

Liverpool had the league won before Covid kicked in

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Liverpool had the league won before Covid kicked in

I remember they won it by miles. And apart from that crazy, anomoly of a season, Man City have won it every year since 2017 or so. Its becoming like the Bundesliga with Bayern.

Edited by GlobalVillan
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, GlobalVillan said:

I remember they won it by miles. And apart from that crazy, anomoly of a season, Man City have won it every year since 2017 or so. Its becoming like the Bundesliga with Bayern.

Yep that's how I see it too

And I look at the teams and think man City should win it

If arsenal win the league next year my first question would be what did man City do wrong to drop off (and the answer would be selling silva to the saudis)

On 16/07/2023 at 10:51, PaulC said:

That's why they paid that amount of money for Rice. Anything less than winning the lesgue next season is failure imo.  Think it's between them and Man city winning it. 

They won't finish above Liverpool.

Wouldn't shock me if they finished outside the top 4.

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

They won't finish above Liverpool.

Wouldn't shock me if they finished outside the top 4.

I would back them to finish above Liverpool myself. Its a young squad that can only get better wheras Loverpool are in transition.

Paitek gone to basaksehir on loan from Berlin, villa dodged a bullet not signing him

Joel Robles signed for Al Qadsiah in SA from leeds

Kim to bayern confined for 50m

Jonny Evans joined man utd on a free!

Seko fofana joined al nassr from lens 19m

Bitshiabu gone to leipzig from psg 15m

Begovic joined qpr

4 hours ago, markc said:

😂😂

We could of done something like this.

Tinky-Winky, Dipsy, Laa-laa, Pau😁

That may be the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen a Premier League club do. That's many, many levels of shitness isn't it.

Edited by GlobalVillan

10 minutes ago, GlobalVillan said:

That may he the most embarrassing thing I've ever seen a Premier League club do. That's many, many levels of shitness isn't it.

Just a bit of fun 🙂🙂

Although when I saw it, I did wonder what the hardest sell to the player was. Getting him to agree to the video or to go to Burnley in the first place. 😂