Horse Racing - the good, the bad and the ugly

bielesibub

14 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

winning too much

not much chance of that!

On the conspiracy thing, the other week in bets I had a number of horses withdrawn for the reason of 'unsuitable ground or going', even though they'd all run on the same going in previous races. 

20 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

not much chance of that!

On the conspiracy thing, the other week in bets I had a number of horses withdrawn for the reason of 'unsuitable ground or going', even though they'd all run on the same going in previous races. 

Yeah. Nothing suspicious about that whatsoever.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

100 notes on the nose eh. Not sure my heart would handle that. Well done anyway .

Years ago my typical Saturday would be a few small stakes footy accas, a few Lucky 15s on Horses etc. Scattered £100 across all the bets. I got tired of one team always letting me down or only getting one winner on each lucky 15 and not seeing much return compared to outlay.

The one feeling that would return more often than not.. Why didn't I just lump the whole lot on that one horse I fancied the most to begin with?

So now, in the Jumps off-season, I just have a quick glance on a Saturday at the live TV races (ignoring football accas altogether) and then after a glance at the race cards, I go all in on the horse I strongly fancy the most that day.

It will be a different strategy in a few weeks once the Jump racing really starts to kick in.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I get your approach Rigs , if you’re spending 100 a week that’s a wise way of doing things lumping on your nap 

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, it's not something I'm doing every week, only occasionally.

I dare say there will be more involvement during the Jumps season but the stakes won't be as high.

19 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Yeah. Don't get me wrong, it's not something I'm doing every week, only occasionally.

I dare say there will be more involvement during the Jumps season but the stakes won't be as high.

I always look forward to the jumps . 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I always look forward to the jumps . 

Yep. It's just something different about that side of it compared to flat.

Edit: I was giving this a thought the other day there, how many horse racing fans/punters do we actually have on VT?

I know there's myself, you, @tomav84, @Kingman, @bielesibub, @sheepyvillian

Any others?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

27 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Edit: I was giving this a thought the other day there, how many horse racing fans/punters do we actually have on VT?

Any others?

I’m usually all year round apart from few months where I’m on and off during the summer months . Bet there’s a few on here who don’t mind it but only come out for Cheltenham 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Any others?

still ticking along myself! just stopped posting selections on here. been an OK summer on the flat so rest of the year will quieten down for me as don't touch the jumps

15 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I’m usually all year round apart from few months where I’m on and off during the summer months . Bet there’s a few on here who don’t mind it but only come out for Cheltenham 

Yeah, I think you're right.

15 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Any others?

I follow the jumps mainly. Will have the occasional flutter on the big flat events like Royal Ascot, but i find it harder to follow; seems to be more horses and they get retired more quickly.

• Like 2

Â