"The Terrace View" - Upper Holte Lounge

OutByEaster?

38 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i really would love to see the survey questions again. i've had a look around and they're not posted anywhere. in my head i didn't envisage anything like what's been rolled out but one or 2 on here has indicated that they understood what villa were getting at

anyway it definitely needs bringing up on the next FCG meeting. however i suspect it will end up selling out as certain details start to spread, namely having access to away tickets...and frankly if i had no away booking history i'd be considering it for that alone. so villa will end up justified in their decision.

It didn’t seem like it would be like this to me. Personally don’t think they’ve even looked at the results of the survey, they’d already decided to roll ahead with this.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

anyway it definitely needs bringing up on the next FCG meeting. however i suspect it will end up selling out as certain details start to spread, namely having access to away tickets...and frankly if i had no away booking history i'd be considering it for that alone. so villa will end up justified in their decision.

Where's the away tickets thing come from?

There's certainly nothing been discussed about that and the away hierarchy is so embedded and strict that I'd be really surprised if they put any sort of condition in place for this that subverts it - I'd be amazed if there was any sort of access to away tickets for this.

I never saw any mention on the survey that said if you buy the Terrace upgrade or terrace ST you will be able to get tickets for away games.

I am a ST holder in the upper Holte and have not been able to get an away game since the 1970's and 1980's when you just turned up at the away end turnstiles. For me getting away tickets are as rare as hens teeth without an away booking history.

Seems another way to jump the queue if you have ££, same as it's always been

8 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Where's the away tickets thing come from?

There's certainly nothing been discussed about that and the away hierarchy is so embedded and strict that I'd be really surprised if they put any sort of condition in place for this that subverts it - I'd be amazed if there was any sort of access to away tickets for this.

On 24/07/2023 at 20:30, DewiMckay said:

I've just purchased The Terrace View season ticket, my rational was akin to @GeordieVillan  however I'm more local than Newcastle.  Interestingly, there is a undefined allocation of away tickets for holders, these are purchased via hospitality,  rather than ticket office. 

also when newcastle ticket details were released it said that over 1500 were in the 19+ aways from last season window, which is impossible as for bournemouth away we only had around 1300 allocation so the assumption is that this includes a couple of hundred allocated to the terrace view

10 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think the club wanted to sell 500 to existing season ticket holders - that would have meant not having to find additional seats in the Upper Holte for those ticket holders because they already had season tickets - I'd heard they'd sold less than 100 that way.

Yes, they'll find a way to sell those spaces in the Terrace View, finding a way to fill it will happen - the problem is the effect that finding those additional seats in the Upper Holte causes.

Ultimately more than 1 in 6 of the people in the Upper Holte on matchday will come from the Terrace View - if regular season ticket holders didn't want that opportunity, it puts a lot of pressure on finding seating for those people.

I see it as an extension of an existing problem. The club needs to generate more match day revenue in order to compete at the top of the league, until the stadium is expanded they have very limited ways of doing it. 

They sold too many season tickets, how do you fix that problem. You can try to squeeze money out of the remaining or start cancelling some seats. 

2 hours ago, tomav84 said:

also when newcastle ticket details were released it said that over 1500 were in the 19+ aways from last season window, which is impossible as for bournemouth away we only had around 1300 allocation so the assumption is that this includes a couple of hundred allocated to the terrace view

I seem to remember the club saying that for games where the availability is less than the holding in the 19+ group, they count everyone in that group as having had one - so when we go to Luton, the 800 that are lucky enough to get one don't stay on 19+ while the others go to 18 - everyone stays at 19.

I'd guess,(but would love to know more,) that the "undefined allocation of away tickets for holders, these are purchased via hospitality,  rather than ticket office". refers to an amount kept back for Hospitality season ticket holders in general, rather than for the exclusive use of fans in the Terrace View - I wouldn't imagine there are very many, certainly not a couple of hundred for the Terrace View and I'd have thought much less than a couple of hundred in total.

The chap I spoke to at the time of purchase was very clear that the Terrace View is being treated strictly as hospitality. He even stated prior to purchase that you cannot downgrade (my words not his) from Terrace View to a standard general admission season ticket, but you MAY be able to switch/upgrade to another hospitality ticket/area depending on availability in future seasons.

My understanding of the away tickets is that Terrace View holders will be lumped in with other hospitality/corporate holders and it won’t be a specific allocation of away tickets for Terrace View fans. And if demand exceeds supply for any particular game, then it will go down to a ballot for the set allocation. Luck of the draw. So I don’t think the Terrace View will have any impact on away tickets for general season ticket holders.

That’s my understanding anyway!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

18 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

The chap I spoke to at the time of purchase was very clear that the Terrace View is being treated strictly as hospitality. He even stated prior to purchase that you cannot downgrade (my words not his) from Terrace View to a standard general admission season ticket, but you MAY be able to switch/upgrade to another hospitality ticket/area depending on availability in future seasons.

My understanding of the away tickets is that Terrace View holders will be lumped in with other hospitality/corporate holders and it won’t be a specific allocation of away tickets for Terrace View fans. And if demand exceeds supply for any particular game, then it will go down to a ballot for the set allocation. Luck of the draw. So I don’t think the Terrace View will have any impact on away tickets for general season ticket holders.

That’s my understanding anyway!

to be honest i wasn't aware that hospitality had an allocation anyway!

but then a lot of folks don't know that the lions clubs get an allocation too

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I seem to remember the club saying that for games where the availability is less than the holding in the 19+ group, they count everyone in that group as having had one - so when we go to Luton, the 800 that are lucky enough to get one don't stay on 19+ while the others go to 18 - everyone stays at 19.

that's quite odd if so...so even if you don't get a ticket for bournemouth/luton, you get one on your history anyway? i'd be very surprised if that was the case (not doubting you or anything...just a very odd way of doing things)

19 hours ago, ender4 said:

Depends on the package. Very roughly a corporate box on a match by match basis would be around £200 a person but would include food. 

Whereas the Terrace View is probably going to be £120 per match if buying on a match by match basis, doesn't include food but does include 2 free drinks. It's like the gateway option for those who would like to go corporate but can't quite afford it - ie: special occasions rather than a company taking a box for the season.

Terrace View works out at £82 per match if you have the season ticket, and includes 2 drinks and a programme. No food though. 

How have you got to £120 per match? Are they advertising tickets on a single game basis?

8 minutes ago, GeordieVillan said:

Terrace View works out at £82 per match if you have the season ticket, and includes 2 drinks and a programme. No food though. 

How have you got to £120 per match? Are they advertising tickets on a single game basis?

Yeah, £82 a match as part of a season ticket. We think they will hold some to sell some on a game by game basis, and i've estimated £120 a game (based on the differential between match day tickets vs season tickets).

There will definitely be some single game tickets available - both by design and by necessity - they're most of the way down the waiting list, they've asked all the existing Upper Holte season ticket holders and they've asked other hospitality areas - they've sold about 300.

Time is the fly in the ointment at the moment - if they'd been able to sell the season tickets, then I guess the single game tickets would have been on sale by now - if the single game tickets had been on sale, then you'd hope those would sell pretty well, and once those have sold, we'll finally have the remaining Upper Holte tickets available to members.

Unfortunately, for the Everton game at least, it doesn't look like they'll be selling single game tickets until well after the members window is closed, so the members will miss out if they wanted to sit in the Upper Holte.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

There will definitely be some single game tickets available - both by design and by necessity - they're most of the way down the waiting list, they've asked all the existing Upper Holte season ticket holders and they've asked other hospitality areas - they've sold about 300.

Time is the fly in the ointment at the moment - if they'd been able to sell the season tickets, then I guess the single game tickets would have been on sale by now - if the single game tickets had been on sale, then you'd hope those would sell pretty well, and once those have sold, we'll finally have the remaining Upper Holte tickets available to members.

Unfortunately, for the Everton game at least, it doesn't look like they'll be selling single game tickets until well after the members window is closed, so the members will miss out if they wanted to sit in the Upper Holte.

How big is the area anyway? 

Looking at the fly through video they did I would think 300 would fill it a fair amount. 

I I'd spent that money I wouldn't want to be crowded in shoulder to shoulder with a packed crowd. 

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Looking at the fly through video they did I would think 300 would fill it a fair amount. 

I I'd spent that money I wouldn't want to be crowded in shoulder to shoulder with a packed crowd. 

1,000 I believe.

14 hours ago, sidcow said:

No, you can just pay 15% extra for your season ticket and get pushed up to the second level to enjoy that.

Just got off the phone at hospitality, a few things to pass on 

• 1000 seating area.
  • Of the 1000 seats, approximately 600 for season tickets.
  • Currently 350 seats sold.
  • Away tickets ballot only.
  • Email to sent out to holders this weekend, regarding away ticket allocation.
  • Email will ask for preference on away games. 

Get the impression hospitality are working out the details. So I wouldn't be surprised if things change.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

2 hours ago, DewiMckay said:

• 1000 seating area.

Get the impression hospitality are working out the details. So I wouldn't be surprised if things change.

That pretty much matches everything I've been told - the ballot is for the allocation of away tickets that hospitality season ticket holders get rather than just people in the Terrace View (I have a feeling they are allocated around 50 tickets a game, might be 100).

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DewiMckay said:

• 1000 seating area.

They have had all summer and have sold 350. What a dreadful idea. I am glad it is bombing, it was a ridiculous idea in the first place, and using the survey as an excuse for it was utter nonsense.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, DewiMckay said:

• 1000 seating area.

Hmmm. Suggests away tickets is a late sweetener because it's not sold as well as hoped? 

• Like 1

Â