Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t but I rate Simeone. If he says or hints he’s a bad egg I believe him. 

Simeone’s no saint! 🤣

I think it may be more of a contrast of styles and personalities. Who knows? It could be the manager who’s more at fault here?

We really have not clue or insight so shouldn’t speculate too far or make definitive judgements…

He’s not signing for us anyway is he? 🤣

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, mikeyp102 said:

And yet Emery has confirmed we were in talks with him at the time of Chelsea, so I’d argue he absolutely fits our strategy

And Villa could not do a deal because we don't loan players for £1mil a game. 

It became quickly evident that the terms Atletico wanted were very much not in line with our transfer strategy.

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

£10 to VT says he flops at his next club. 

You’re really gonna die on this hill aren’t you?

Well, you’re as entitled to your opinion as anyone else.

I’m not that invested but I’ll be delighted if we somehow sign him. I’ll be happy with any top talent that arrives.

Unai knows…

Why question any target if Unai wants the player?

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I was joking mate. He’s still a punk though. 

Ateltico’s success over the years has been down to hard work and team spirit/unity. There are suggestions he wasn’t fitting in to that for whatever reason.  As I said he obviously has a lot of talent. I just think Villa’s team spirit seems great at the moment so they have to be very careful nobody affects that. 

Come on man… 😆 Don’t you think that’s a bit childish?

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

You’re really gonna die on this hill aren’t you?

Well, you’re as entitled to your opinion as anyone else.

I’m not that invested but I’ll be delighted if we somehow sign him. I’ll be happy with any top talent that arrives.

Unai knows…

Why question any target if Unai wants the player?

Is there any proof Unai wants him?

Nah we’re not signing him. I reckon he’ll go out on another loan to a Champions League club and probably will continue to do that until his contract expires. 

1 hour ago, Kiwivillan said:

With the most expensive squad in Championship history at the time I believe

There was a lot of wasted money like Hogan and Lansbury, but McCormack, Gollini and others weren't  his, and Hourihane and particularly McGinn some of our best ever value  signings. He would have been completely  the wrong manager to take us up, but he's  part of the turnaround  that now means we're  able to sign players like Torres

• Confused 1

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah we’re not signing him. I reckon he’ll go out on another loan to a Champions League club and probably will continue to do that until his contract expires. 

Yep, Unai talked about him in a press conference when we pursued him in January.

2 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nah if it was childish I would have called him a punk ass biatch! 😉 

🤣

You just did!

Well, we can rest easy cos he’s highly unlikely to join…

But if he does… 

🤣

Not a huge fan of Felix, personally. At two clubs in a row he's just not been worth the outlay and I can't see that being any different in the hypothetical world he signed for Villa. He's a lovely player and our system actually has a role for him better than most clubs out there do, but ultimately he's quite ineffective relative to what he should be at the top level.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Ahead of this weekend’s meeting against Chelsea and the Portuguese superstar, Emery was quick to downplay the prospect of bringing Felix to Villa Park but confirmed that tentative discussions did take place.

He said: “We are realistic about how we can improve, how we can add players to improve our squad. Joao Felix was not totally impossible for us but he wanted to play for a team in the Champions League.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

3 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Come on man… 😆 Don’t you think that’s a bit childish?

Young creative players like Felix need to be given some creative freedom, and be allowed to mess up occasionally, it's all part of the learning process. I don’t think matters who is at fault, because usually both parties could have handled things better when thing escalate to the current situation. We all know Simone played dirty, he is no angel. Felix is / was young and inexperienced. That's just life.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🤣

You just did!

Well, we can rest easy cos he’s highly unlikely to join…

But if he does… 

🤣

Mate if we signed him I’d be delighted. It’s a high profile statement signing. Be crazy not to be happy by it. I just think we’re dodging a bullet if we’re really interested but he doesn’t want to come. 

Only time will tell.  

I think we’ll get Diaby.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

Why the **** are we discussing the kebab eating dinosaur of a manager who failed to get us promoted and was chased out by a cabbage. This thread is about arguing about transfers not dark times in our past.

Felix is still an elite level player just about and would rise the profile of the club enormously  if signed and used properly he’d be our star player for sure. Simone is a rigid highly defensive manager who prefers the dark arts and anti football and has never played to Felix’s strengths.

De Ketelaere is a potentially top quality player who has had one bad season and all the attributes to be a success in the prem. 

Argue 

Edited by thabucks
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Not a huge fan of Felix, personally. At two clubs in a row he's just not been worth the outlay and I can't see that being any different in the hypothetical world he signed for Villa. He's a lovely player and our system actually has a role for him better than most clubs out there do, but ultimately he's quite ineffective relative to what he should be at the top level.

The current Felix reminds me of Grealish before Terry came to Villa. All the talent in the world, but lacked a little focus, and maturity.

I feel his current struggles could make or break him, but with a manager like Emery, who has a clear plan, and understands his qualities as well as anyone. Emery is a manager that is a proper coach, and will already have an idea how to tweak his game to get the best out of him. 

So I think a loan with an option to buy, would be a fantastic opportunity for him and the club. He would get the best chance to establish himself in the Premier league, and we would get a player whose quality is little above our current station, with little risk if it f's up, as we can send him back to Athletico.

• Like 2