Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

6 minutes ago, Thug said:

He will not entertain any offers from clubs that are not in the champions league.

So he’s either saying ‘**** off Villa’, or he genuinely wants Dynamo Tbilisi to come in for him

Don’t think we are in for him and wouldn’t pay the huge fee they would want either ways 

5 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Wait until the Geordies find out about his off the ball work rate..

This one makes me happy them wasting money again like they did on Gordon lovely stuff 🤣 oh and hes off the ball work rate is phenomenal they will all be buzzing with that.

1 minute ago, mickjacobjr said:

Don’t think we are in for him and wouldn’t pay the huge fee they would want either ways 

Emery himself said that he was not impossible for us, but he wanted to play in the champions league.

5 hours ago, I Make Pies said:

Don't they play in the same position too?

Yeah I don't really get Newcastle signing Barnes other than stopping another team trying to finish above them sign him.

End of last season they had Wilson as CF and Isak coming in from the left and that looked decent. Anthony Gordon as a CM v us was a disaster so he'll need to go back out wide and then you have Almiron and Saint Maximn in the mix (although I think they'll cash in on ASM if they get bids over 40m).

Barnes is decent but can't say I'd have been overjoyed signing him. If Newcastle sign 2-3 more of his quality that could well stall them in the premier league for a season or two.

• Like 1

Something will happen regarding an incoming today. I can feel it in my bones. The bones are accurate 100% of the time when their predictions are right.

Felix is rumoured to be liked by PSG, but I imagine that would heavily hinge on the fates of Mbappe/Neymar. That saga might drag on longer than Atletico want it to. Chiesa is a weird one as it would be genuinely ridiculously nuts if he came here and it would never happen, but Newcastle are certainly out of the picture now, and the agent in England talk is interesting. Liverpool, maybe? No idea what that's about.

Reading between the lines on that Telegraph article, I feel it's clear that we asked about Barnes and let our interest be known, but clearly haven't pursued him in favour of someone else.

Edited by wishywashy

4 hours ago, TomC said:

A good reminder why we signed Tielemans to people like me who were surprised by it.

McGinn will certainly be starting wide v Newcastle, hopefully new signing on the other side. Pretty much guarantees our starting midfield will be Kamara-Luiz-Tielemans.

9 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Close enough , starting filling up son 😂

Being serious, for just a second.

Felix is just far too expensive and, you would think/assume, too difficult to attract to the club.

It’s just that, previous interest was genuine. Unai actually commented on it and that really piqued my interest. He spoke of him in a press conference…

So… were we capable of sorting a deal (loan back then, how he ended up at Chelsea) and capable of affording it (or happy to take on that outlay)? Intriguing…

Did we talk to him and his agent?

But, I wouldn’t want us to spend the vast majority (if not all) of our budget on a single player and I especially would never want us to spend recklessly.

It’s just fun to speculate and imagine us having “star players” at the club sometimes…

He needs to be willing to take a major pay cut and for Atletico to take a major hit/loss… a very awkward and difficult  situation…

Clearly a player Unai rates (so who are we to think less/poorly of him?) and likes…

I don’t want to repeat old comments in full but basically, the lad is unsettled and needs a move to get back to his best.

I have no idea as to his personality or temperament… I’m not going to judge him off a line or two of text or a headline online or on social media claiming he “only wants CL clubs”… (football fans can be crazy judgemental and irrational like that). And what’s even wrong with that? But… could he be persuaded to join a club that’s looking to get there rather than already there?

Anyway, it’s not realistic for us… but… Unai was interested….  I found it surprising at the time.

Would take a master negotiator to broker a decent deal… that’s the biggest problem, his talent is not really in question (moreso form, but that can be worked on and restored under the right manager and in the right environment).

Anyway, I just want Chiesa 🤣

Whoever Unai wants though 😉 

41 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

Something will happen regarding an incoming today. I can feel it in my bones. The bones are accurate 100% of the time when their predictions are right.

Felix is rumoured to be liked by PSG, but I imagine that would heavily hinge on the fates of Mbappe/Neymar. That saga might drag on longer than Atletico want it to. Chiesa is a weird one as it would be genuinely ridiculously nuts if he came here and it would never happen, but Newcastle are certainly out of the picture now, and the agent in England talk is interesting. Liverpool, maybe? No idea what that's about.

Reading between the lines on that Telegraph article, I feel it's clear that we asked about Barnes and let our interest be known, but clearly haven't pursued him in favour of someone else.

Kind of inevitable, isn’t it? Especially if they manage to sell Mbappe…

Not sure Liverpool need any more attackers and their finances are a bit restricted…

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, wishywashy said:

spacer.png

5 hours ago, Jas10 said:

Buendia hasn’t really got a look in (with national team) has he? I expect a better season from him and maybe he can be given more of a chance…

Nope, he played 10 minutes in one game against Colombia in the WC qualifiers and that's it. And I'm sad to say I don't expect him to get significantly more playing time anytime soon, given what I've seen of him with you guys. If you get an offer for the same or a little less money than you paid, I'd sell him and try my fortunes elsewhere.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Daulmakan said:

Nope, he played 10 minutes in one game against Colombia in the WC qualifiers and that's it. And I'm sad to say I don't expect him to get significantly more playing time anytime soon, given what I've seen of him with you guys. If you get an offer for the same or a little less money than you paid, I'd sell him and try my fortunes elsewhere.

👀

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

👀

Buendia is not as bad as you make out and can still be a decent squad player. He just has areas of his game that are frustrating and don’t seem to change. Still doubt we’ll be looking to sell him. 

Dendonker on the other hand….

• Like 2