Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

2 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

That’s a lot of money to spend on a position we’re already stacked in. 

We're not though. Take out chambers and we only have 3 CB's to cope with a huge season ahead. One of those has also returned from a serious injury.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, burchy said:

As for the Pau Torres links, I think it might just be lazy journalism. Good player obviously but for €65m there’s better value elsewhere. 

£55m for a defender of his quality is not bad to be honest.

But the figures flying around should be taken with a pinch of salt. I've seen figures being quoted in the last couple of weeks ranging between £30m - £55m.

4 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

We're not though. Take out chambers and we only have 3 CB's to cope with a huge season ahead. One of those has also returned from a serious injury.

Dendonker and Kamara both have +60 games each at CB. Dendonker just played CB for Belgium against Austria

24 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

And yeah, this line of poetry in reference to Kudus.

Could be way off though 😆

Sorry, what’s the reference between Jerusalem and whoever Kudus is?

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

£55m for a defender of his quality is not bad to be honest.

But the figures flying around should be taken with a pinch of salt. I've seen figures being quoted in the last couple of weeks ranging between £30m - £55m.

Ordinarily, it would arguably be decent value for such a quality player but… he’s in the last year of his contract so it wouldn’t make a lot of sense… around 30 would be more acceptable if there’s serious competition, less if not. If we want him, he’s coming straight into the side.

I do feel that we can’t afford to “rest on our laurels” and there is a need to strengthen as well or as much as we can, we have ambition but we can’t expect this same set of players to take us much further or to take on much more without “quality help”. And if there’s a real opportunity to upgrade on any position/player, why not take it?

For as well as Unai did, our squad was exposed as weak and light. Barely anything from the bench either. It’s not sustainable going forwards and with the amount of games we have to play, I’m all for enhancement of nearly any position if it makes sense and is what Unai wants.

He needs a better “toolset” and I’m sure he’ll get it. I can’t see why there are people who want to write off any links, transfer speculation is supposed to be a bit fun 😆

There is a lot of BS and crap out there but we should eh sued to it by now and try to ignore the obvious nonsense. The idea of top talent joining us excites me at least anyway. 😆

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Dendonker and Kamara both have +60 games each at CB. Dendonker just played CB for Belgium against Austria

That's all very good, but I'd like to think we've kicked on nowadays where we need to play players out of their 'natural' positions and plug holes to 'do a job' because we are light on numbers.

I'd prefer if players played and stayed in their natural position and we actually sign someone who is a natural CB.

This isn't non league football. We're Aston Villa and we have a huge fixture list approaching and we need a squad of approx 23-25 players to cope with that.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sorry, what’s the reference between Jerusalem and whoever Kudus is?

The line is from a piece of poetry referring to Jerusalem and Jesus.

But… I think we may well be barking up the wrong tree here 😆🤷‍♂️

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

So, so pathetic. I think Jerusalem is called Kudus perhaps by other religions or maybe it was the original name. Could google but tired.

The poster knew what he was doing and backtracked because he got a load of stick. 

At least stick by your nonsense. 

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Testing water to see if someone could make sense of a cryptic tweet AND THEN make them think “oh yeah, would be good if that was played at Villa Park”? :crylaugh: 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

That's all very good, but I'd like to think we've kicked on nowadays where we need to play players out of their 'natural' positions and plug holes to 'do a job' because we are light on numbers.

I'd prefer if players played and stayed in their natural position and we actually sign someone who is a natural CB.

This isn't non league football. We're Aston Villa and we have a huge fixture list approaching and we need a squad of approx 23-25 players to cope with that.

Kamara started out as CB and played 2 seasons for Marseille. He's a natural CB converted into DM

2 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Kamara started out as CB and played 2 seasons for Marseille. He's a natural CB converted into DM

Why do we need to put him back into a CB position for?

Edited by AvfcRigo82

Just now, AvfcRigo82 said:

We do we need to put him back into a CB position for?

We don't but your argument we only have 3 players plus Chambers that can play CB is false. Kamara more of a CB than Chambers

Project B6 would do well to just stay in their lane. They are still trying to get a foothold at VP with the club and supporters. These tweets do not help their cause at all. 

• Like 3

Project B6 has previous. I had his personal account previously and he admitted to me a few years ago he didn’t know anything but on occasion had pretended to know info to rile up twitter 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, omariqy said:

Project B6 has previous. I had his personal account previously and he admitted to me a few years ago he didn’t know anything but on occasion had pretended to know info to rile up twitter 

That’s disappointing… think they’ve done a lot of good work and hope they continue in that vein. A bit more support and encouragement would be nice, feel they’re too often slated or even abused unfairly when they’re actually trying to help and benefit the club and fans.

23 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

That’s disappointing… think they’ve done a lot of good work and hope they continue in that vein. A bit more support and encouragement would be nice, feel they’re too often slated or even abused unfairly when they’re actually trying to help and benefit the club and fans.

How are they trying to help the club and fans ? Genuine question, not trying to be a smart arse....