Summer Transfer Window 2023

maqroll

Forest signed Gibbs White for a stupid amount (40m wasn't it) so I don't think he's worth it for what they'd want and wouldn't be transformational in an area where we're already strong in depth and quality.

Chukuweze scored twice tonight for Villareal in the Bernabeu so he'd be an interesting trade for Bailey if there's interest from his old coach.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, trillvillan said:

Kamaldeen Sulemana - I'm sold.

Under Don Unai - he'd be some talent. 

I had to check that's the Southampton guy.

If people think Bailey is ridiculously frustrating they would have seen nothing yet as everytime I've seen him for Southampton he gets to the box and then just gives the ball away or tries a ridiculous shot.

Would be a big gamble as he's shown very little in premier league so far and I'd like a final third attacker who's reasonably proven (we can still sign one who's more potential but experienced like Nico Williams).

2 hours ago, VillaAlex said:

Rubbish player.

In all seriousness we can be doing better right now, but he'll certainly grow into a top player in 2-3 years I think.

Johnson was busy today and it was never a game where he'd get a few chances. One big issue he had was timing his runs, must've been caught 4-5 times needlessly offside in first half alone.

8 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Chukuweze scored twice tonight for Villareal in the Bernabeu so he'd be an interesting trade for Bailey if there's interest from his old coach

He's had a blinder tonight. Only 18 starts for Villareal this season, though. 

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

I had to check that's the Southampton guy.

If people think Bailey is ridiculously frustrating they would have seen nothing yet as everytime I've seen him for Southampton he gets to the box and then just gives the ball away or tries a ridiculous shot.

Would be a big gamble as he's shown very little in premier league so far and I'd like a final third attacker who's reasonably proven (we can still sign one who's more potential but experienced like Nico Williams).

Nico Williams > Sulemana for sure. 

It would be more on the premise of - Southampton is relegated, they'd have a fire sale. A nice talent on the cheap potentially to have. Under Emery and our system - I'd trust he'd show a lot better then the form/management Southampton are under... Also if we somehow qualify for Europa Conference or higher, we'll need the extra bodies. 

Just now, Niall said:

He's had a blinder tonight. Only 18 starts for Villareal this season, though. 

Injuries/loss of form but still only 23 with huge potential. Not sure how Pino has progressed in last two years generally but he's starting for Spain now so could be another to look at.

1 minute ago, trillvillan said:

Nico Williams > Sulemana for sure. 

It would be more on the premise of - Southampton is relegated, they'd have a fire sale. A nice talent on the cheap potentially to have. Under Emery and our system - I'd trust he'd show a lot better then the form/management Southampton are under... Also if we somehow qualify for Europa Conference or higher, we'll need the extra bodies. 

I watched them at home to Brentford and then v West Ham last week and both times he constantly made the wrong decision when approaching the box.

Lavia would be a much better pick up, very young but he's had some really good games for them either side of being out for five months and in 2-3 years he'll be a top box to box central midfielder in this league.

Just now, VillaChris said:

I watched them at home to Brentford and then v West Ham last week and both times he constantly made the wrong decision when approaching the box.

Lavia would be a much better pick up, very young but he's had some really good games for them either side of being out for five months and in 2-3 years he'll be a top box to box central midfielder in this league.

Completely different players...

But of course you're going to get your reasoning with a player like him (Sulemana) who only just turned 21, majority of them have that issue. Like I said - allow him to learn under Unai and the potential is there, because he has an abbundance of talent, its clear to see. 

Sulemana was a menace today against Manchester City. 

Lavia will be a good player but I'd look elsewhere for Central Midfielders first. 

Lets stop talking about this these overhyped, overpriced, overrated British players like Brennan Johnson, Brendon Johnson & Gibbs White.

We need to be targeting Samuel Chukwueze and/or Nico Williams in the Summer. We can challenge for top the Top 4/The Title next season if we get both.

Samuel Chukwueze

Nico Williams

• Like 4

24 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

City have a buy back on Lavia

Aston Villa have entered the chase for Valencia goalkeeper Giorgi Mamardashvili, with Tottenham also keen on the Georgian.

According to Calciomercatoweb, many Premier League clubs, including Aston Villa and Tottenham, are chasing Valencia star Giorgi Mamardashvili. The goalkeeper has attracted plenty of interest following an impressive season in La Liga, with the Georgian ready to take a big step in his career.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/04/09/aston-villa-rival-tottenham-others-in-giorgi-mamardashvili-pursuit/

• Shocked 1

Aston Villa are reportedly interested in Pedro Goncalves, who could leave Sporting CP after bringing Jorge Mendes on board as his co-agent.

Pedro Goncalves and his agent Jorge Pires have come to an agreement with super-agent Jorge Mendes, which could call for an exciting future. Now, Jornal de Noticias via Sport Witness reckons the attacker could leave Sporting CP, with Aston Villa one of the sides keen on the winger.

Pedro Goncalves continues to have a tremendous season at Sporting and produces memorable performances. He has 17 goals and 10 assists in all competitions and remains one of their most important stars. Yet, his future at the club has come in doubt with the latest development from the player’s side.

The 24-year-old winger and his agent, Jorge Pires, have secured an agreement of partnership with super-agent Jorge Mendes. Since Goncalves continues to perform, they might anticipate the interest of top clubs.

A move to the Premier League can materialise for Goncalves, and given Mendes’ connections, the super agent could find a top project. The 24-year-old winger would entertain offers, especially from those in a European competition.

https://thehardtackle.com/transfer-news/2023/04/09/aston-villa-keen-on-pedro-goncalves/

Edited by thabucks

Said it on these pages a few years ago , wish we’d went for Hickey when he left Hearts. Think it was 2 million he went to Bologna for. I’d say if you aren’t starting at 30 million now, Brentford wouldn’t even entertain it. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Johnnyp said:

Said it on these pages a few years ago , wish we’d went for Hickey when he left Hearts. Think it was 2 million he went to Bologna for. I’d say if you aren’t starting at 30 million now, Brentford wouldn’t even entertain it. 

Zero goals, Zero assists. Not my kind of full back.

image.png