Jhon Durán

PieFacE

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

Sorry as remembered this post. We should not be underestimating teams

We really should be able to beat these teams with a rotated squad.

Credit to Legia though, they're a decent team. Away at Legia is probably the toughest game we have in this group. The away games in Europe are always tough, and require a really solid disciplined defensive display. This wasn't players y not good enough, it was most of the team not at the races!

He already has his man strength. He needs to improve his movement, and keep honing his touch and finishing. He probably needs to work on his right foot, and heading too. 

If he live up to his potential, he'll be a lot better than Benteke. I think the Drogba comparisons are more accurate than the Benteke ones. However his workrate and pressing is something neither of the aforementioned strikers had.

7 minutes ago, Philosopher said:

He already has his man strength. He needs to improve his movement, and keep honing his touch and finishing. He probably needs to work on his right foot, and heading too. 

If he live up to his potential, he'll be a lot better than Benteke. I think the Drogba comparisons are more accurate than the Benteke ones. However his workrate and pressing is something neither of the aforementioned strikers had.

No chance has he peaked physically. He's still a youth at 19, a big one mind, but still. He'll bulk up and get much stronger over the next 3-5 years.   

6 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

No chance has he peaked physically. He's still a youth at 19, a big one mind, but still. He'll bulk up and get much stronger over the next 3-5 years.   

He will het stronger, but I doubt he'd bulk up much (you can get stronger without adding weight). He's been fully grown since 15, hence he already has man strength. 

I don’t think it would benefit his game to bulk up. He is big enough. Speed and workrate are big parts of his game, extra bulk means less agile, and carrying more weight means its hard work for the muscles to get enough oxygen, so his workrate will be impacted, as well as his speed around the pitch.

Benteke at his best was naturally tall and broad, but slim. He never had big muscles.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pinebro said:

He doesn't remind me oif Benteke.

He doesn't remind me of Drogba.

He reminds me of Jhon Duran. Hate player comparisons.

He has a very unique combination of speed, strength and technique. Not sure we have seen anything like him before.  If he continues on his current trajectory, people will be comparing new strikers to Duran 20 years from now. 

5 hours ago, UpTheVilla26 said:

I lost count of the amount of times we had the ball on halfway and you could see Duran pointing he wanted it in behind but the pass went sideways or backwards. 

He's willing to make the runs, they just weren't spotted. 

This is why we miss Buendia so much. He knits the play together and I reckon Duran would bang in a hatful with Emi feeding him. 

100%!

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

A 'lot better' than peak Benteke? That's an undoubted world class player. Big statement.

4 hours ago, Philosopher said:

He will het stronger, but I doubt he'd bulk up much (you can get stronger without adding weight). He's been fully grown since 15, hence he already has man strength. 

I don’t think it would benefit his game to bulk up. He is big enough. Speed and workrate are big parts of his game, extra bulk means less agile, and carrying more weight means its hard work for the muscles to get enough oxygen, so his workrate will be impacted, as well as his speed around the pitch.

Benteke at his best was naturally tall and broad, but slim. He never had big muscles.

I don't know how old you are but if you stopped growing at 19 you might have a few issues.  

I'm not sure I know any 19 yr old athlete that didn't get stronger or faster or better in sports as they aged. And Benteke at 19 wasn't the same player at 23-24. He would've been much stronger and probably more athletic in his 20's, that's just facts. 

If you think that Duran stopped growing or getting stronger at 15 there is seriously no point in continuing this discussion. 

52 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

I don't know how old you are but if you stopped growing at 19 you might have a few issues.  

I'm not sure I know any 19 yr old athlete that didn't get stronger or faster or better in sports as they aged. And Benteke at 19 wasn't the same player at 23-24. He would've been much stronger and probably more athletic in his 20's, that's just facts. 

If you think that Duran stopped growing or getting stronger at 15 there is seriously no point in continuing this discussion. 

Chill out mate. He’s agreeing that benteke will get stronger but just arguing that he won’t necessarily get much bigger physically. 

if you look at photos of benteke at Genk when he was 17-19, he doesn’t look radically different to how he did later in his career 

4 hours ago, Rightdm00 said:

He has a very unique combination of speed, strength and technique. Not sure we have seen anything like him before.  If he continues on his current trajectory, people will be comparing new strikers to Duran 20 years from now. 

Or be questioning what it will take to displace a 39 year old, age defying Villa legend John Dhuran from the starting lineup. 😎

• Haha 2

Just now, JPJCB said:

Chill out mate. He’s agreeing that benteke will get stronger but just arguing that he won’t necessarily get much bigger physically. 

if you look at photos of benteke at Genk when he was 17-19, he doesn’t look radically different to how he did later in his career 

What you on about chill out. Take more than a few posts to unchill me lol. Maybe you should chill out and stop worrying if others are chilled out. 

What your referring to is height, stature etc, which not many people do get taller. 100% Benteke got much stronger though which is what the original post commented on. You don't have to necessarily bulk much to get stronger as you get older. But you do naturally get stronger, just like Duran will. I never said he'd turn into Arnie though so I'm not sure why this chilled out little chinwag has gotten this far tbh. 

Â