Mattéo Guendouzi

JayVTID

5 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Repeating myself but I'm desperate for this to get over the line. 

Maybe it’s not even happening despite the smoke. OM CEO says we haven’t even contacted them apparently and we no have evidence we have even spoken to Guendouzi do we?  

If we had spoken to Guendouzi you would’ve thought he won’t turn us down because of his affection for Emery, then why isn’t this just about agreeing a fee with OM but seems we haven’t even contacted them after almost a couple of weeks of speculation.

Hmmmm….

• Like 1

L'Équipe and Get French Football who first reported our interest are two of the most reliable sources for French transfer news, Fabrizio Romano has also said we've been in contact with Marseille. It doesn't mean to say we're going to sign him, but our interest is about as substantiated as it can get when it comes to transfer rumours, without the club itself confirming our interest.

13 minutes ago, useless said:

L'Équipe and Get French Football who first reported our interest are two of the most reliable sources for French transfer news, Fabrizio Romano has also said we've been in contact with Marseille. It doesn't mean to say we're going to sign him, but our interest is about as substantiated as it can get when it comes to transfer rumours, without the club itself confirming our interest.

Romano says we've been in contact with them.  Marseille say we haven't.  Who do we belive ...

No, seriously, who do we believe? I actually might trust Romano more than Marseille. It may be in Marseilles interest to play down our contact... although I can't work out why. 

Edited by MrBlack

4 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Romano says we've been in contact with them.  Marseille say we haven't.  Who do we belive ...

No, seriously, who do we believe? I actually might trust Romano more than Marseille. It may be in Marseilles interest to play down our contact... although I can't work out why. 

Marseille are usually very tight lipped when it comes to transfers, especially with someone they'd prefer not to sell. I don't expect their President to be open about it even if there had been direct contact between clubs.

Edited by JayVTID
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Too keep clubs in the dark until they have found a replacement.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

Also a good point. If they're open about the possibility of selling Guendouzi then the club from which they look to buy his replacement is going to up the price knowing Marseille need that player.

L'Équipe and Get French Football said we had been in contract with the player not Marseille and looking at it again that's what Romano has said as well. So if Marseille are saying we haven't been in contact with them they're probably telling the truth, but all that means is that we haven't bid yet, their president also said that he doesn't know if there have been talks with players' entourage, which to me is a tell tale sign that we are indeed in contact with the player.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JayVTID said:

Marseille are usually very tight lipped when it comes to transfers, especially with someone they'd prefer not to sell. I don't expect their President to be open about it even if there had been direct contact between clubs.

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Both good points. I was thinking surely they'd want to raise interest if they had been approached to encourage a bidding war, especially so if they don't want to sell.

I guess they'd use back channels for that anyway, if indeed they didn't want to sell to us for the price we supposedly discussed. 

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

To keep clubs in the dark until they have found a replacement.

But if I was at the replacement players club I would immediately realise they are after my player because they are selling Guendouzi so I’d increase the price.  I think that horse has bolted for OM because the other club are going to assume OM are selling Guendouzi whether they are or aren’t and will have those funds.

Â