Formula One - 2023

BOF

Well the highlight of that race was Sir Jackie Stewart wrestling with Roger Federers minder and security to get him to talk to Martin Brundle was pure class. You don’t mess with Sir Jackie.

• Haha 1

The thing is F1 has always been like this. Mostly 1 dominant team and 1 dominant driver. 2021 seasons are very rare and I think has messed up expectations. 

Stating the obvious here but this Red Bull is well on its way to becoming the greatest F1 car ever. Absolutely ridiculous. 

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

The thing is F1 has always been like this. Mostly 1 dominant team and 1 dominant driver. 2021 seasons are very rare and I think has messed up expectations. 

Stating the obvious here but this Red Bull is well on its way to becoming the greatest F1 car ever. Absolutely ridiculous. 

The speed with DRS is ridiculous. It's so easy to fly past cars. 

9 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Just like the premier league then......

Yeah. 

I've said it in the man city thread. I think they're a stain on the Premier league and if the truth ever comes out, I'm not sure how anyone would look back on this time differently. 

9 hours ago, villa89 said:

The sport has bigger problems than one team marginally breaking the budget cap. They'll lose a lot the new fans they got from drive to survive when this borefest of a season is over.

But this borefest is because that one team to break the budget cap have built a car on a different planet to everyone else. 

16 minutes ago, villa89 said:

It isn't going to change either. The worry is if it's the same again next season. 

Yep. The hope was that other teams would get closer to Red Bull. The opposite has happened

30 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This season has been so incredibly boring so far 

I have hardly watched it at all this season.   

They are technically races I suppose but when people can start well down the grid and go past everyone to the front.

In your mind for the next race,  change Verstappen's Red Bull to a white Beatle and we are in Herbie goes Bananas territory.  Forget about commentary,  add film chase music.  It's bolox and they must know it.

Almost every single race..."We are starting so far back we can never win from here"

"We'll see about that,  right Herbie?"

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

This season has been so incredibly boring so far 

Yesterdays race was so bad. Any over takes were DRS fuelled formalities. No crashes, safety cars, bad pit stops or incidents of note. 

Fanfare 10/10

Race 2/10

24 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Yep. The hope was that other teams would get closer to Red Bull. The opposite has happened

Maybe don't watch this then... :P

13 minutes ago, Amsterdam_Neil_D said:

They are technically races.

To be honest I don't think they are. Everyone has a button on the steering wheel they can push to overtake the car in front of them.

Drivers don't really bother trying to defend or try proper risky overtaking. Just wait for the straight, press the over take button, job done.

For some of the cars their button doesn't work or only works on some circuits and then they just can't overtake at all and don't bother trying. 

Also the complete lack of any penalty for running off the track is laughable. There are run off areas pretty much everywhere now. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Just wait for the straight, press the over take button, job done.

It's awful and not a solution to anything.  It just devalues an overtake,  I mean anyone can press a button.

Without overtakes of value and all the other problems you mentioned I just don't see an entertainment or sporting value to the circus.  Without them,  what is it ? 

DRS is a blight on F1. Maybe have it for tracks where it really is difficult to overtake. 

But on tracks with kilometre long straights, you don’t need it. 

Encouraging overtaking doesn’t work when it becomes automatic. 

Having a car start halfway down the grid and KNOWING that he’ll have a very good chance at winning the race is ludicrous

• Like 3