Unai Emery

PeterSw

We are very lucky to have him. Very very lucky. But i also think he is lucky to have us. Each suits the other perfectly. Going under the radar. 2 points a game over 32 PL games is ridiculous.it is a body of work that cannot be brushed off as a purple patch or pointless because its over 2 seasons. We havent had this kind of sustained form in a lifetime. Now the next thing is to start putting continuous good performances together. And i wouldn't bet against it would you ? 

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, Xela said:

I'm not sure he'd be attracted to circus clubs like that. He wouldn't get the control he does here. At Chelsea the manager doesn't even know who they are signing 

Yeah in terms of structure Chelsea is almost the opposite of what he's got here. Here - virtually full control over footballing matters. At Chelsea he'd be lucky just to get full control over match tactics, let alone all the stuff off the pitch.

1 hour ago, villan95 said:

We're really onto something good here. Long may it continue.

I just hope nobody tempts him away, because it won't be long until teams like Man Utd and Chelsea are on the lookout for a new manager I reckon.

He's tasted the top top table and knows he won't get the structure he has here. Literally the entire heirachy is set up with him as the focal point.

2 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

He's tasted the top top table and knows he won't get the structure he has here. Literally the entire heirachy is set up with him as the focal point.

Yeah I hope he sees it this way but managers/players always back themselves don't they. If Man Utd were to come in for him and give him control over transfers it could be hard to turn down?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, villan95 said:

Yeah I hope he sees it this way but managers/players always back themselves don't they. If Man Utd were to come in for him and give him control over transfers it could be hard to turn down?

Eh not always. He’s been at Arsenal and PSG then chose to go to Villareal and won multiple trophies there. 

I think at this point in his career, he knows what he wants and it’s certainly not the shit show of Chelsea or United. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, villan95 said:

Not a chance Manure will structure their club around him. One of the reasons Fergie retired when he did was he felt the power he had enjoyed with David Gill was being pulled away and the "execs" were wielding more influence. Buying van Persie was their parting gift to him. And he still wom them the title that season despite Manure being awful that season. They won because of him. A behemoth of a manager.

I genuinely believe Emery is that for us. He knows he has control and thus can concentrate on what he does best. There's been times we've not played well at al under him and won during the runs. We won because of him. His drive, tactical flexibility and prowess.

I also think he's an incredibly honourable man.

Edited by stewiek2
  • Like 1

Â