Unai Emery

PeterSw

Man I’m still so excited, Emery is really our manager!

He genuinely looks happy to take on the job, he looks comfortable already which is a good sign. As others have said we need to support him thoroughly during his time with us. 

We got a tough run before the World Cup but I’m still so excited to watch us play, strangely I feel quite confident we can get some results before the break despite the tough fixtures.

• Replies 12.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, NoelVilla said:

It is Pako Ayesteran isn't it. He got talked up a little too much maybe.

Who even said we were getting some super duper champions league winner etc. 

Just a random Spanish journalist wasn't it? 

You can post any old nonsense on the Internet, people pick up on it, repost it and it becomes fact. There are examples closer to home but I'm sick of talking about it. 

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Who even said we were getting some super duper champions league winner etc.

In the role in which we've hired him he is. He was assistant at Liverpool in 2005. He was also previously at Valencia when they won two La Liga and the UEFA cup.

4 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Just a random Spanish journalist wasn't it?

It was Guillem Balagué.

Edited by tomsky_11
  • Like 2

Just now, Vive_La_Villa said:

Has it finished? I’m just getting a blank screen.

Yes. It was just a short introduction. The cameras went off for the actual UTD press conference 

2 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

But he won the Chsmpions League under Rafa at Liverpool?

Oh OK. someone asked where the Super coach was, I assumed this guy didn't match the description. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

OK, I haven't seen it. 

We're there ANY comments about moments of magic?  If not

sassy-snape.gif

Nope, and nothing about all in. 

One thing he did say however was that he wanted to win a cup. He isn’t messing about. 

Guys the reason why the presser was so short is because he has work to do.

Players getting worked hard.

Unai means business. Gerrard had them on vacation!

Edited by Pinebro
  • Like 1

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/unai-emery-aston-villa-press-25435649

"My dream is to win a trophy with Aston Villa. Its my challenge. My second dream, is to play with Aston Villa in Europe. But now, we have to start thinking only the next match because we are not in good position in the table now. Each match is going to give us information about the players and I want to test and check the individual and collective. My only focus is on Sunday against Manchester United."

Dreams and ambitions

"I want to create a new way and in football, time isn’t as much. I want to be here for a long time and each step ahead thinking to improve. With our dreams and my ambitions, they gave me the same idea that I have and the ambitions to improve as soon as possible but thinking each step to be strong.”

Captain decision

"I am not going to change what they had here. I want to check and test. I want to know the team and the players and then I will decide but not now."

'Underperforming' squad

"I think our players now they are underperforming and my idea first is to try and help them. To have possibilities to improve bit in the beginning their confidence, trust in each player and to play together and create more inside. To show everybody our best wishes to improve and to help the team."

Long-term plans

"I want to create a new way and in football time isn’t as much. I want to be here for a long time and each step ahead thinking to improve. With our dreams and my ambitions, they gave me the same idea that I have and the ambitions to improve as soon as possible but thinking each step to be strong.”

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

Â