Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

4 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Page 4 of this thread you compared Gerrard to Mikel Arteta, so i listened to you, chilled out and was expecting 4th with Gerrard by the end of the season

You actually are a moron, wow! You know that was about Arteta who is a different person who manages Arsenal? 

• Like 1

Would be very surprised if it ended up being Amorim both for the huge compensation being reported and struggling to see why he'd leave Sporting for us currently.

Have to admit his lack of experience is a bit of a concern for me also.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Amorim's lack of experience is a worry, no doubt. Not so much the fact he hasn't worked in England yet, more that he's only been a manager for 3 years. On the plus side, at least he's worked in a relatively big league -- even if Portugal's league is only 6th in Europe it's still reasonably big. Smith had never worked in a big league before VIlla, nor had Gerrard. 

5 trophies in 3 years. Real Lack of experience in winning for me too.  Lets get Dyche! 

13 minutes ago, duke313 said:

France is highly inflated by PSG. Take them out and their league is no better than Portugal or Netherlands.

It's a much stronger league than both the Portuguese and Netherlands top flights.  Silly to suggest otherwise tbh.

(Although the whole "tin pot league" shit is so wank).

Just now, jimmygreaves said:

I'm all in on Amorin.

Manager on the up, tearing it up without spending massively... A proper coach. Giving the big boys a bloody nose in Portugal.

He could be a perfect fit!

He is my main hope too. I think he has potential to go on to be one of the elite level managers.

Just now, bobzy said:

It's a much stronger league than both the Portuguese and Netherlands top flights.  Silly to suggest otherwise tbh.

What teams are you saying are stronger than Porto, Benfica and Sporting in the French League?
PSG and who else?

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

I'm all in on Amorin.

Manager on the up, tearing it up without spending massively... A proper coach. Giving the big boys a bloody nose in Portugal.

He could be a perfect fit!

dude he is amazing!!! have you heard he is a manager in one of the top 5 leagues grr sorry top 6.

and one time he beat spurs!!  im sold

5 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

You actually are a moron, wow! You know that was about Arteta who is a different person who manages Arsenal? 

Yes I know

Edited by messi11
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bobzy said:

So good that Guilbert and Sanson ripped it up

Just now, messi11 said:

What teams are you saying are stronger than Porto, Benfica and Sporting in the French League?
PSG and who else?

I'm not necessarily saying that other French teams are stronger than those (although Marseille have beaten Sporting twice in the CL).  But beyond Porto, Benfica, Sporting and Braga... who is there?  There's literally no depth to the league at all.  Similar story with Netherlands - some strong sides in Ajax, PSV and Feyenoord... then a cliff edge (possibly a bit harsh on AZ, but...).  Ligue Un still carries good sides like Monaco, Marseille, Lille, Rennes, Lyon.  The league (PSG aside) isn't as predictable as the others because the teams are actually quite competitive.

Sporting are currently behind Casa Pia (yeah, me either) in 5th place in the league after 9 games.  What's going wrong?

1 minute ago, bobzy said:

Not entirely sure what your point is here.

That one of our players who’s only good enough to play reserve football currently, was one of the best right backs in Ligue 1 last season.  Should tell you all you need to know about the quality of the league.

Just now, duke313 said:

That one of our players who’s only good enough to play reserve football currently, was one of the best right backs in Ligue 1 last season.  Should tell you all you need to know about the quality of the league.

Or about the judgment of our managers?  But, in any case, players perform differently in different environments.  Ligue 1 is obviously not as strong as the Premier League but having Guilbert do well there doesn't mean it's shit.