Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Would be the greatest coup outside of getting Poch imo. 

I love him as a manager even if just for a couple of years. 

Tammy come home.

16 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I think there will be more appetite for Frank after Brentford give us a schooling shortly. 

My point is.....could he bring that with him?

Is he good, because he is a part of a good structure?, is my point, albeit he is a big part of that structure.

Would he sign an Ivan Toney? for us.....not sure, he would have the latitude. freedom to do it, with us.

If we think its all down to coaching ,tactics and set up......we should be ok with a new manaager......but I am not convinced it is all that alone....if it was Thomas Frank could be ok.

Edited by TRO

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I get the opposite impression - I get the feeling they're looking for a "statement" appointment - something that tells others something about how they should be thinking about us.

I hope they are.  We’ve heard about the ambition, we E seen the training ground, the plans for the stadium, the investment in youth and all the money they’ve ploughed into the club even recently but on the pitch we seem blah! If the manager appointment next reflects what we’re doing off the pitch then it will be a statement appointment.  I think fans need it as well.

• Like 1

Just for record as I know you're all keen to know - I actually like Sean Dyche, he's a good manager in all sense of the word (not just football) and a good man and he'd be a decent signing in the midst of the shitshow that we are.

It just makes a mockery of everything we've been told.

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

My point is.....could he bring that with him.

Is he good, because he is a part of a good structure, is my point, albeit he is a big part of that structure.

Would he sign a Ivan Toney? for us.....not sure, he would have the latitude. freedom to do it.

If we think its all down to coaching ,tactics and set up......we should be ok with a new manaager......but I am not convinced it is all that alone....if it was Thomas Frank could be ok.

I remember the exact same question being asked when we appointed DS. We were promoted the same year. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I get the opposite impression - I get the feeling they're looking for a "statement" appointment - something that tells others something about how they should be thinking about us.

They 100% want to make a statement, there is no doubt about that. If they get their man this place will go into meltdown.

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

My point is.....could he bring that with him?

Is he good, because he is a part of a good structure?, is my point, albeit he is a big part of that structure.

Would he sign an Ivan Toney? for us.....not sure, he would have the latitude. freedom to do it, with us.

This is my concern with Frank.  He's in a good setup at Brentford, moving him to Villa Park doesn't mean that setups comes with him. 

I think he would struggle with our current players, it would take a few windows to get the team right.

A decent insight. I’ll say this - an element of Villa supporters who will be frantically searching out these tactic videos that young fellas put together on YouTube of the sporting coach, Jaissle etc. They’ve managed at a level that’s light years from the PL. Turn your nose up at Dyche all you want. Guarantee you we’d have a very happy dressing room with no cliques or factions. He’s a bloody good PL manager. Can’t piss on that fact. 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Johnnyp said:

A decent insight. I’ll say this - an element of Villa supporters who will be frantically searching out these tactic videos that young fellas put together on YouTube of the sporting coach, Jaissle etc. They’ve managed at a level that’s light years from the PL. Turn your nose up at Dyche all you want. Guarantee you we’d have a very happy dressing room with no cliques or factions. He’s a bloody good PL manager. Can’t piss on that fact. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, duke313 said:

This is my concern with Frank.  He's in a good setup at Brentford, moving him to Villa Park doesn't mean that setups comes with him. 

I think he would struggle with our current players, it would take a few windows to get the team right.

He could also end up struggling with the other decision makers at the club.

Just now, duke313 said:

You say that, but He plays a 4-3-3 with pushed on wingbacks and narrow strikers/Inside forwards. It's kind of what we try to do, but actually coached properly. It would be a very good fit for us, as it would be evolution, not revolution. He will even have coached Ollie before as an assistant manager.