Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Your speculating no evidence of this. 

Despite we are being absolutely dog shit, Purslow himself said that replacing Gerrard hadn’t crossed his mind.

For those that thinks that we are looking for a replacement, but Purslow couldn’t say it in the interview, understand  the wording would have been different if the club was on the brink of sacking Gerrard. It would have the standard phrase, the club is 100% behind Gerrard.

56 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

dortmund, ajax, benfica, leverkusen, sevilla, rb leipzig & marseille.

all champions league teams and was not linked with any.

Maybe they know he is too good for all of them, probably, so didn't even bother trying, remember.

It's an insult for Aston Villa to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Poch.

You'd think he'd won countless trebles at different clubs over the span of 10 years ffs 🤦🏿‍♂️

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

26 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

Despite we are being absolutely dog shit, Purslow himself said that replacing Gerrard hadn’t crossed his mind.

For those that thinks that we are looking for a replacement, but Purslow couldn’t say it in the interview, understand  the wording would have been different if the club was on the brink of sacking Gerrard. It would have the standard phrase, the club is 100% behind Gerrard.

You're going to look silly when he's sacked after defeat to Fulham.

37 minutes ago, viivvaa66 said:

How do you know he still doesnt have the backing of sawiris and edens? They are the ones calling the shots not purslow

9 hours ago, il_serpente said:

I read one or two places that Poch supposedly doesn't want to take a job before the WC.   If we're after him and that's the case, they may be delaying sacking SG while they work on convincing Poch and see if they can get him after.  I can see them deciding it's better to keep him on than have Critchley as interim manager for 6 matches.   Even if the bit about Poch waiting until WC is rubbish, it's probably likely that they're still trying to line him up if he's the first choice and won't pull the trigger until either they've got him or have decided to move on to another target who will then have to be convinced and, in the case of Emery, get compensation sorted.

I've also seen Fabrizio Romano say that the Gerrard situation is very complicated, which leans a little into the rumour that Poch maybe waiting for the World Cup, because if he is our priority and we have to wait for him then it definitely complicates matters. It also makes me wonder if there is some kind of clause in Gerrards contract about the amount of compensation we'd have to pay should we drop in to the bottom three, maybe we are waiting for that to happen? Maybe we aren't as prepared for this situation as many think and are only just beginning  to sound out a replacement?

Certainly it doesn't seem a simple 'sack one hire the other' kind of scenario at the moment, which may explain the lack of anything actually happening. I agree though that we'll be looking to minimise the gap between sacking Gerrard and employing the next guy. 

Edited by Teale's 'tache
typo in my typo
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, LondonVillian said:

dortmund, ajax, benfica, leverkusen, sevilla, rb leipzig & marseille.

all champions league teams and was not linked with any.

None of them could probably afford his wages and they are all selling clubs so doubt thats what he wants

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Maybe they know he is too good for all of them, probably, so didn't even bother trying, remember.

It's an insult for Aston Villa to even be mentioned in the same sentence as Poch.

You'd think he'd won countless trebles at different clubs over the span of 10 years ffs 🤦🏿‍♂️

So you dont think Poch is good enough for Villa or what is this bizarre criticism you are throwing at him over last few pages

It seems to me that the board are doing the sensible thing of trying to agree a deal for a new manager before sacking the incumbent. Once you get to that stage, results are pretty much irrelevant. He could win the next two matches (we’ll win at least one of them) and still get sacked.

The board are doing things properly and we just need to trust them. The most important thing is that we get the right replacement. Unless the wheels come off totally, which they’ve showed no signs of doing, we will keep Gerrard until his replacement is ready to go.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Teale's 'tache said:

I've also seen Fabrizio Romano say that the Gerrard situation is very complicated, which leans a little into the rumour that Poch maybe waiting for the World Cup, because if he is our priority and we have to wait for him then it definitely complicates matters. It also makes me wonder if there is some kind of clause in Gerrards contract about the amount of compensation we'd have to pay should we drop in to the bottom three, maybe we are waiting for that to happen? Maybe we aren't as prepared for this situation as many think and are only just beginning  to sound out a replacement?

Certainly it doesn't seem a simple 'sack one hire the other' kind of scenario at the moment, which may explain the lack of anything actually happening. I agree though that we'll be looking to minimise the gap between sacking Gerrard and employing the next guy. 

If Poch is waiting until after the World Cup, it means he’s waiting for something better.

There will be jobs available as the managerial merry go round springs into action.

Which means we are not his preferred option.

8 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

It seems to me that the board are doing the sensible thing of trying to agree a deal for a new manager before sacking the incumbent. Once you get to that stage, results are pretty much irrelevant. He could win the next two matches (we’ll win at least one of them) and still get sacked.

The board are doing things properly and we just need to trust them. The most important thing is that we get the right replacement. Unless the wheels come off totally, which they’ve showed no signs of doing, we will keep Gerrard until his replacement is ready to go.

Wolves are now without a manager nearly 3 weeks. After Lopetegui deal falling through, they are going to end up panicking and making the wrong appointment 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, duke313 said:

If Poch is waiting until after the World Cup, it means he’s waiting for something better.

There will be jobs available as the managerial merry go round springs into action.

Which means we are not his preferred option.

I've no idea why he may want to wait until the World Cup, there could be any number of reasons, family or football related.

I would imagine we are not his preferred destination, but if you are waiting for a top class coach who's preferred destination is Aston Villa then you are going to be waiting for a very long time.

Anyway, this should probably be in the next manager thread so I'll leave it at that.