Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

2 minutes ago, MrSmirch said:

Good thing if Potter goes to Chelsea, there’s a decent chance he’s out of a job and #bouncingback in the next 12 months.

I dont know this new American owner wants him as a long term choice, He also buying lots of young players! Seems like he knows how to run a club unlike some owners 

Edited by messi11

2 minutes ago, messi11 said:

I dont know this new American owner wants him as a long term choice, He also buying lots of young players! Seems like he knows how to run a club unlike some owners 

Oh yeah their scattergun approach to transfers this summer is paying dividends isn’t it, they have such a good strategy they signed Aubameyang as their new leading striker.

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Oh yeah their scattergun approach to transfers this summer is paying dividends isn’t it, they have such a good strategy they signed Aubameyang as their new leading striker.

Predominately because of his good working relationship with the bloke they’ve just sacked 🤣

3 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

Yeah it's this crazy thing called forecasting. It uses past data and probability.

Applying forecasting i.e. past data and probability, how many games and time should a Premier League club give a rookie manager when they employ one. Obviously, Villa employed SG in the full understanding that he had never managed in the PL before. What would forecasting suggest? One, two or maybe three transfer windows? A preseason with the players or no preseason? Would looking at past data suggest that a rookie manager would need more time than an experienced manager?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, messi11 said:

The average age of their signings was 24 . Not buying that many young players really. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Was just watching TalkSport clip. Seems Simon Jordan thinks Pochettino genius is a " myth " lol

He's a dumbass. It's been broken down in this thread many times do I won't beat a dead horse, but what he did at Spurs and Saints was remarkable. Particularly Spurs.

• Like 4

48 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Tuchel has always come across as a prize word removed but he’s undoubtedly a very good manager. 

I also get the impression he is petty enough to take the Villa job just to try and inflict some pain on Chelsea who he probably hates now. 

I think you may be on to something about taking the Villa job... I wouldn't appose the appointment I think he's a good coach, most Chelsea fans seem a bit pissed about him getting sacked. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Peter Griffin said:

I believe he refused the job as opposed to people getting angry. I like to let myself believe that he refused the Toon job because he didn't want to work for the Saudi's on moral grounds which just makes me like Emery so much more than I did previously

What the **** is this bullshit?

what moral grounds would those be?

the same moral grounds that stopped him from working for the Qataris at PSG?

• Like 2

The success of Potter's teams have been based on sheer hard work, good man management and attention to tactical detail which he imprints on his players over a lengthy period of time.  The key to Potter's potential success at Chelsea is being given the time to develop and integrate a squad of disparate individuals into a 'bonded team'.

However, I can't see him being given much time to put things right at Chelsea by a new board desperate for quick success, and some of the 'big name' players may be less willing to listen and learn, or bust a gut for him than his Brighton players are.

I don't see him turning down an offer from Chelsea with the lure of Champions League football and a huge financial package, but in my honest opinion Villa would be a much better long term project for him and could become a job for life like Fergie at Man U. I know I'm out of touch with this "instant success" era of Premier League football, lol.

• Like 1