Next Aston Villa manager

messi11

New Manager Poll  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your pick for new Villa boss?

7 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Dyche isn’t sexy and Latin like Poch, but he is a fine manager. He’d most definitely stop the rot at Villa, but turning us in to a team to challenge the “big 6” might be a stretch to far… he liked Burnley being a difficult team, this what villa needs right now, but later down the line, can he create a team that is dominate? I’m not sure 🤔 

I agree, but let’s cross that bridge when we get to it. If he can take us to the top 6 level then great but even into the top 10 on a regular basis and maybe a cup win, would put us into a much better position to recruit a manager for the next level. Right now we’re not such an attractive proposition. 

Relatively low risk and could be inspired. There are worse ideas, as we’ve often found out. We could always call him Senior Dychio and get him to go shopping with Purslow for a new, Man From Delmonti suit. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Zatman said:

He is also a bit older than I was expecting. Was thinking he was in his 30s

Seems has just clicked for him as his career before Bodo was pretty much nothing

He have been a coach/manager since 1995, for a few lower league teams in Norway. He have achieved a few promotions, and taken teams higher up then they had ever been before. 
But nothing like the success he have had in Bodø.

I’m sure he is a lot better than Gerrard, but then again who isn’t. Too much of a risk for my liking, but I’m sure he could be successful with the right club.

2 hours ago, DaveAV1 said:

I agree, but let’s cross that bridge when we get to it. If he can take us to the top 6 level then great but even into the top 10 on a regular basis and maybe a cup win, would put us into a much better position to recruit a manager for the next level. Right now we’re not such an attractive proposition. 

Relatively low risk and could be inspired. There are worse ideas, as we’ve often found out. We could always call him Senior Dychio and get him to go shopping with Purslow for a new, Man From Delmonti suit. 

Top ten with Dyche??

mean judith light GIF

Dyche I mentioned before people hosed it down. As people said can he take us to top 6 who knows let's get there.  We need a nanager who's organised got a system and make this villa team tuff to beat at the moment we got neither can't even do the basics right and we got no fight.

• Like 1

Burnley is a completely different proposition to Villa. Less egos, less fans to appease, less of everything, most of all expectancy. Those advocating Dyche need to consider one thing.....why? Why would you go for a Dyche when you could bring in a better manager? This is why we are in the mess we are. More expectancy of the players we should be trying to buy than the individual to manage them.  

2 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Top ten with Dyche??

mean judith light GIF

Look I’ve got a big box of straws here and I intend to grab hold of them all. 

I think it’s an indication of how quickly this appointment has taken away our momentum/hope  I genuinely think we’ve messed up so badly that Sean Dyke has become a pragmatic answer to the problems we have created or rather Purslow has created himself. I really think Purslow may be living on borrowed time. The longer he farts about with this shambles reduces his time to sort it out. He’d better have a plan more inspiring than Sean Dyke, but the more this goes on, the more damage is done and the less attractive we become to a top manager. Slippy G and Larry Limelight could leave in the same cab soon. 

On 02/09/2022 at 10:54, daft said:

I don't want him anywhere near Villa. In fact, I even want him to stay away when we play you, that is how little I want him.

My fellow Villa fans are absolutely and completely blinded by our current woes and poor managerial efforts by Gerrard that they know not what they say.

Please, for the love of God, keep him or send him anywhere but here. 

Thanks for speaking on all of our behalf, at least we have you as the single voice of reason!

Not

40 minutes ago, avfc1982am said:

Burnley is a completely different proposition to Villa. Less egos, less fans to appease, less of everything, most of all expectancy. Those advocating Dyche need to consider one thing.....why? Why would you go for a Dyche when you could bring in a better manager? This is why we are in the mess we are. More expectancy of the players we should be trying to buy than the individual to manage them.  

I’m not particularly “advocating” for him, but here are some pluses

lots of premier league experience,

got a poor/average squad  (on paper) to active better on a regular basis.

knows how to set up a team to be difficult to beat. 

generally considered a good man manager.  

if we got him as manager, he will be a great choice for now. But, unlikely be a good solution for the long run. As I’m not sure if he can set a team up to dominate a game. 

Edited by CarryOnVilla
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, CarryOnVilla said:

I’m not particularly “advocating” for him.

but here are some pluses

lots of premier league experience,

got an poor/average squad  (on paper) to active better on a regular basis.

knows how to set up a team to be difficult to beat. 

generally considered a good man manager.  

if we got him

as manager, he will be a great choice for now. But, unlikely be a good solution for the long run. As I’m not sure if he can set a team up to dominate a game. 

Less chance of getting relegated under Dyche than Gerrard. He is not the answer but he is a good manager and not as much of a dinosaur as he is portrayed as.

• Like 1

Just now, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Less chance of getting relegated under Dyche than Gerrard. He is not the answer but he is a good manager and not as much of a dinosaur as he is portrayed as.

He is a dinosaur though, and we've got less chance of getting relegated under almost anyone than Gerrard.

3 hours ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Dyche isn’t sexy and Latin like Poch, but he is a fine manager. He’d most definitely stop the rot at Villa, but turning us in to a team to challenge the “big 6” might be a stretch to far… he liked Burnley being a difficult team, this what villa needs right now, but later down the line, can he create a team that is dominate? I’m not sure 🤔 

Let’s be honest, right now we need to stabilise in structure, rebuild the dressing room and the support and stay in the league.

Dyche would do that, but it would not be pretty as his whole approach is based on work rate

No one heard of Dyche ball, he's just a newer Fat Sam or Roy Hodgson. I guess if we want to steady the ship he would be okay. But I don't think we need to write off the season just yet. A decent manager will move us on, lot of good teams drawing and losing at the moment.