January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

5 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To be fair mate you are in this thread as much as the rest of us, so you must be as anxious as the rest of us around signings otherwise you wouldn’t be in here.  

Surely you aren’t coming in here just telling people to calm down, you’re in here regularly to see if there is any news, otherwise why come in this thread?  

Are some people panicking? Yeah maybe.  I think a lot of us who are discussing aren’t panicking we are just discussing both the opportunity we are in, it is actually a window for transfers and this is actually a thread to discuss the transfer window so can be misconstrued as panicking when really it’s just the place to discuss the window.

Again, what I said wasn’t aimed at you. Applies to quite a few in different places. It’s fairly prevalent online…

But, once the window closes everyone is free to bitch and moan as much as they want. I’ll be long gone 🤣

2 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

Signing big players is like buying a house in so much as there is a chain. The club prepared to release a player to us will only do so when the club holding his replacement releases to them and so on. Hence you find there is much talking right up to the last couple of days and then it all moves ..... in theory. Basically, stay patient as any inbound will happen very late !  

The better the player, the harder he is to replace…

and don’t we know it!!!

Edited by Jas10

Just now, Jas10 said:

Again, what I said wasn’t aimed at you. Applies to quite a few in different places. It’s fairly prevalent online…

But, once the window closes everyone is free to bitch and moan as much as they want. I’ll be long gone 🤣

I know mate it wasn’t aimed at me, just discussing to be honest.

I always find it fairly pointless to discuss after the window closes apart from a little comment initially.  It’s then done and we move back on the games.

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

So glad its not us getting Anthony Gordon and Newcastle are getting fleeced! 😆

You just know that the bugger will be amazing for them though. 

Everything they touch at present seems to turn to gold. 

They've even managed to make Sean Longstaff look like f**king Zico lately. 

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

I know mate it wasn’t aimed at me, just discussing to be honest.

I always find it fairly pointless to discuss after the window closes apart from a little comment initially.  It’s then done and we move back on the games.

No worries mate, some of just see things differently. It’s just the utter misery and despair some people spout that bothers me.

Anyway, I miss our and Dave’s (where’s he gone?) laughs and gif battles in the old Tammy thread! 🤣 Nice to have a good laugh.

Just now, Jas10 said:

No worries mate, some of just see things differently. It’s just the utter misery and despair some people spout that bothers me.

Anyway, I miss our and Dave’s (where’s he gone?) laughs and gif battles in the old Tammy thread! 🤣 Nice to have a good laugh.

I know, I try and bring the gifs back occasionally but others don’t want to play 😭

Yeah haven’t seen Dave on here for ages.

• Sad 1