January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

31 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I feel I’m worse across many threads, I deserve an apology please.  I don’t want to be seen as a dick in just one thread, I broaden my ambitions more than that.

I don’t think you’ve been singled out or anything, criticism is not directly aimed at you.

You are making some fair points and I agree with some of them, I kind of want us to “go for it” during the remainder of the season too and strengthen where we can.

I think, sometimes, comments are misconstrued or misunderstood here and when certain people highlight negativity etc. it’s not just this forum they are referring to. It’s a wide range of Villa fans, ranging from those people have spoken with to anywhere online such as Twitter and Facebook.

It can be quite relentless and overbearing, overly miserable and doom mongering.

The “bedwetters” etc. are not people who are sharing an opinion and making reasonable points or providing reasoned debate, it’s those that are blindly predicting or declaring doom, disaster and despair. Those who conspiracy theorise and make out like they know what is actually going on at the club and as though there is an intention to shoot ourselves in the foot or intentionally hamstring the manager.

It’s the 26th of January, the window closes at 11pm on the 31st of January. There is still time to bring in players and none of us know what is going on at the club, which players are being targeted, which clubs/agents/players have been contacted, which deals are “bubbling” etc. and which transfers will materialise and be finalised… sometimes you just have to wait for the dominoes to fall into place and that usually happens near the end of the window…

So…why do people have such confidence (or just downright misery and negativity) in proclaiming that we are signing no one and have no money to spend?

Don’t think I can explain it any better…

Again, judgement should be withheld until the window is over but there are still reasons for optimism (we have signed some players and offloaded those that aren’t seen as part of our future. Freed up squad places and funds) even if we don’t manage to bring in anymore players this month. It’s going to be a big summer regardless, the Unai revolution… it’s partly why we appointed him and why he joined!

We haven’t appointed a top class manager to oversee a paltry budget and threadbare squad (some people actually think that’s the case! Why would he leave Villarreal to come here then?) and he’s actually been given the reins… that’s great! 

Edited by Jas10
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Transfer windows legit bring out the worst in some of our fans. lol

And to many  it's just Monopoly money.  10M for an out of favor player with 6 months left on his contract - yes please!

Edited by nepal_villan
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

It’s honestly bizarre. It’s like they just want something to moan about. 

Isn’t a lot moaning by some fans about moaners as bad?

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

35 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I feel I’m worse across many threads, I deserve an apology please.  I don’t want to be seen as a dick in just one thread, I broaden my ambitions more than that.

I wasn't even necessarily referring to you Nick 😂.

I'm on multiple Villa social media sites and see it.

Having said that, as one of the more reasonable posters, you do get a bit more angsty in windows as well. 👀😂

Maybe we should start temporarily rehiring SG in every window as a diversion 

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

I don’t think you’ve been singled out or anything, criticism is not directly aimed at you.

I don’t take it personally whether it had been directed at me or not which I didn’t think it was. I agree with all your other points. 

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Having said that, as one of the more reasonable posters, you do get a bit more angsty in windows as well. 👀😂

Yep, like I said. People thinking we’re only referring to this forum but we’re not. I don’t do Facebook but have heard that it’s the worst place for utterly miserable moaners and complainers, I see enough on Twitter though. Must be a symptom of all the crap we have witnessed and experienced in the past but we need to recognise all of the positive changes that have happened at the club.

Or maybe they’re just Bluenoses?? 🤣

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I do get more angsty in transfer windows it’s true!

Maybe I should go back into Keinan’s thread to calm me down 😜

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

I don’t take it personally whether it had been directed at me or not which I didn’t think it was. I agree with all your other points. 

No probs 👍

Just didn’t want you to feel bad or think that was the case.

I’d love us to finish in that top half and maybe even sneak into European contention, good signings will only help. “Good” being the proverbial word, meaning value and quality.

Don’t think we’re going to allow ourselves to be ripped off and sign any old shite, this club has had enough lessons to learn from 🤣

Sensible business and Unai is very involved, that can only be good.

I don’t think anyone should doubt that NSWE back their managers.They even let the last guy (clown) blow so much money on the likes of Digne and Coutinho, maybe held it back when they finally realised he wasn’t up to the job and reserved it for the next guy.

Unai will be backed and has taken on a lot of responsibility…

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

We are one of 3 squads in the Premier League who have decreased in value, since August......Spurs and Leicester, being the other 2.....all the other clubs have increased.

Does that mean we are not spending enough?

• Confused 1

Just now, Gompedyret said:

How infinitely sick and tired I am of these kinds of empty headlines. Please shut the damn window already.

"Rumours suggest"......"Weighing up"....."looking at"....."Lining up"......" Linked with"....."exploring"......."Showing Interest in"...... "Speaking to"......"In Talks"......"Advanced Talks"......"Having a medical"

I'm trying to work out the pattern of priority.....what comes first, and last?

• Haha 2

22 minutes ago, TRO said:

"Rumours suggest"......"Weighing up"....."looking at"....."Lining up"......" Linked with"....."exploring"......."Showing Interest in"...... "Speaking to"......"In Talks"......"Advanced Talks"......"Having a medical"

I'm trying to work out the pattern of priority.....what comes first, and last?

Wonder if "weighing up" is part of "preparing" or if the weighing comes first.

• Haha 1