January Transfer Window - 2023

messi11

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm now desperately curious to know what type of bid occurs between the 11th and 22nd

if it's too late to be a regular bid but too early to be a panic bid then what is it?

Lazy bid?  Mediocre bid?  Bla bid?  Second-helpings bid?  Wait, I've got it..... Mid-bid!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

i'm now desperately curious to know what type of bid occurs between the 11th and 22nd

if it's too late to be a regular bid but too early to be a panic bid then what is it?

Ah, now, that's your ambivalent bid. You act all casual, fax it off, go and have a cup of coffee, talk to a temp at the watercooler BUT.........you are conflicted. Deep down you are thinking 'What if i'm too early??, will people think i'm being laissez faire? What if I'm too late? Will people think I'm panicking? Oh god I should have waited until the 23rd!!!'

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Encouraging signs or sounds that we have plenty of money to spend but are only going to use it on genuine quality and upgrades… Emery will get the backing he deserves.

We actually seem to have a proper and sensible transfer strategy rather than needlessly throwing money away…

I hope so! Targeting top young players like Nico and Henrique if true is a very promising transfer strategy. La Liga bottom 18 can be our feeder clubs.

4 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Love this approach… let’s sign the stars of the future rather than waste money on those of the past that have little to offer or contribute…

…they rejected us though… :( 

• Sad 1

37 minutes ago, nick76 said:

We probably just sounded out them plus quite a few other quality players like most professional clubs do, and some say yes like Moreno and Duran, and many say no (because we are trying to get real quality).  Sounding out players is just normal football business, the media are just trying to spin it as a real story which it’s not.  We and other clubs do it all the time.  If all parties eventually agree, a deal is done….there is no real story here.  The only thing we can take from this, if true, is we are sounding out quality players and not bang average.  I can take good from this…

Yeah, my point was that having sounded them out, why put a bid in if they have told us they're not interested. I'm not sure I believe some of these reports.  

• Like 1

Just now, duke313 said:

Brother of Inaki Williams who both play for Athletic Bilbao.  Very highly rated and was in Spanish squad for WC.

Thank you. Sounds like a promising  approach. We need to be targeting younger players that we can develop like kamara

What people don’t always recognise, is that we’re speculating over a human with  other interests outside football. Stuff like wives, children, houses, schools, all the mundane stuff that we’d have to consider ourselves. Albeit with a huge amount of money to help but they’ve got that anyway. This is probably more of a factor mid season and so we could be laying down a marker for the summer with some players we approach.