Tickets

wedge

A few hundred left and they are only bringing the minimum allocation by the sounds of it. The fact there is a stronger than usual chance that it will be postponed (my thoughts on potential postponement are well-documented in the pre-match thread) may be a contributing factor?

2 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

Still around 1,500 left in home areas. 

Friday night and the precarious nature of the fixture having something of an effect maybe.

Think the matchday ticket pricing is really hitting home now, it's pretty much 40 quid to sit in the Trinty wings or indeed 44 quid centrally. That's simply too much for individual games imo.

If those tickets were still price in 25-35 quid range we'd have sold out by now I reckon as we generally have in last few seasons.

• Like 2

A few at the club are in for a rude awakening if we have 50k capacity and are charging these prices to watch these players and hiring these managers and playing this style of football

I've always said x amount of people on the waiting list and talks of "just expand it to 60k" right off the bat is ludicrous.

Villa Park when we aren't doing well will always be a 32k - 40k attendance. I'm surprised we're still selling out.

Went to City and admittedly I didn't want to go either because I expected a battering. Doug Ellis P5 , people I know who are season tickets holders as I see them all the time didn't turn up - empty seats everywhere and no doubt there wasn't demand for the resell.

• Like 1

On 12/09/2022 at 09:03, rodders0223 said:

A few at the club are in for a rude awakening if we have 50k capacity and are charging these prices to watch these players and hiring these managers and playing this style of football

I've always said x amount of people on the waiting list and talks of "just expand it to 60k" right off the bat is ludicrous.

Villa Park when we aren't doing well will always be a 32k - 40k attendance. I'm surprised we're still selling out.

Went to City and admittedly I didn't want to go either because I expected a battering. Doug Ellis P5 , people I know who are season tickets holders as I see them all the time didn't turn up - empty seats everywhere and no doubt there wasn't demand for the resell.

I agree the prices are too high - but quite frankly these fans you speak of who only turn up because they think we'll win are a problem also.

On 12/09/2022 at 09:03, rodders0223 said:

Attendance was 41,830. Is that based on tickets sold rather than how many actually turn up?

Southampton I’ve been able to grab a couple of extra tickets on general sale.

On 13/09/2022 at 10:01, wedge said:

I agree the prices are too high - but quite frankly these fans you speak of who only turn up because they think we'll win are a problem also.

Are they though? Compared to othwe clubs they are not really

On 14/09/2022 at 11:49, Vive_La_Villa said:

Attendance was 41,830. Is that based on tickets sold rather than how many actually turn up?

Southampton I’ve been able to grab a couple of extra tickets on general sale.

They count tickets sold and not how many walk in

Was the Arsenal game vs City a few years back and probably 25000 at the Emirates but they announced it as about 60000

• Thanks 1

Â