DRAFT Fantasy Football 2022-'23

maqroll

Sorry to those who couldn't join. Especially those who would have made the draft!

Capping the league at 10 is the right way because otherwise you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for players who might not even get regular minutes or if they do, they play for scrub teams.

Would love to see a second 10 player league happen

Someone should start one and promote it on the Other Football forum.

16 hours ago, maqroll said:

@Rds1983

Would you be interested in 

Luiz Diaz

Chris Wood

For

Jesus

JWP

I'm not interested in Wood at all as I don't think he'll get many minutes behind Wilson let alone many points. 

10 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

I'm not interested in Wood at all as I don't think he'll get many minutes behind Wilson let alone many points. 

How about

Jesus

JWP

Dias

For 

Diaz 

Martial

Maguire 

On 19/07/2022 at 13:25, maqroll said:

What do people think of a 14 team league absolute maximum?

Well as you didn't iclude those who were in previously and then didn't even send a reminder about it ...... should be redone

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Sorry to those who couldn't join. Especially those who would have made the draft!

Capping the league at 10 is the right way because otherwise you're scraping the bottom of the barrel for players who might not even get regular minutes or if they do, they play for scrub teams.

Would love to see a second 10 player league happen

Someone should start one and promote it on the Other Football forum.

would've been decent to at least tag those who played previously AND said they would be in this year ............. could've made the draft easily had I known!!!!

Previously everyone involved got regular updates via tags etc. 1st time I've missed out ... not happy 

On 14/07/2022 at 19:00, maqroll said:

Villa Talk Draft League is live!

0tuydl is the code. 

Draft is 8pm GMT on Monday August 1.

8 team minimum, 12 team maximum. 

It's a head-to-head League, meaning we compete directly against each other. 

Let's get 12 players.

Ah - here is the post that should've been made tagging previous participants and the previous winner!!!!! Instead it's all changed and 'enthusiastic' people are omitted

How many aren't in that wanted to be? And were there many of the 10 that were in that missed the draft?

Depending on numbers and how many missed the draft might be a way to flip the one league of 10 into two leagues of 8 or something?

I missed draft last night as had to take week old daughter into hospital at same time so happy to have another go if that works and gets more involved.

4 minutes ago, tomsky_11 said:

How many aren't in that wanted to be? And were there many of the 10 that were in that missed the draft?

Depending on numbers and how many missed the draft might be a way to flip the one league of 10 into two leagues of 8 or something?

I missed draft last night as had to take week old daughter into hospital at same time so happy to have another go if that works and gets more involved.

No idea as cannot see the league as it filled up so quickly and omitted the others, will look through the thread to see if any obvious omissions

On 19/07/2022 at 11:33, tomsky_11 said:

Yep it's been set up for max 10 teams. @maqroll we've got 10 joined and at least 3 more of last year's participants to join. Worth expanding to 16 max or splitting if we get more?

@maqroll missed this (bit of a theme) - I see @AndyM3000 and I at least didn't get in. So the previously agreed 12 would've worked well

@LancsVillansorry to have upset you, buddy!

A few things-

I started this topic 3 weeks ago. I was expecting to see the topic started but didn't, so started it up myself figuring anyone with an interest would be looking for it as we approach the new season.

I also posted it in the Other Football forum to get more eyeballs.

As for sending reminders, I don't know/remember who played last year or even how to get email addresses for those people.

So my apologies if I've usurped someone else's responsibilities here, but I just wasn't seeing anything about draft fantasy whereas the other fantasy topic had been active for weeks.

So, let's find a way to get everyone involved, there's no need to stress out about it.

Right now we have 10 players.

I'd suggest quickly finding 10 more the way I did, by putting a thread in Other Football. 

With two leagues of ten, we can combine top 5 from each next year and get a proper 2 tier set up going.

If we can only get 6 more teams, I'd be ok with deleting our 10 man league and doing two leagues of 8.

4 minutes ago, LancsVillan said:

Not making enemies at all

Well you seem pretty heated about it in your posts and in your all-caps PM to me.

I'd rather just wipe my hands of it and let you take it over.

👍 

57 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Well you seem pretty heated about it in your posts and in your all-caps PM to me.

I'd rather just wipe my hands of it and let you take it over.

👍 

If I had time to run it again this year I would have offered when it was discussed, I have time to play but not run which is why I replied so quickly, same with the NFL Yahoo which I've been playing even longer

and BTW there were two words in Caps not the whole message......  ;)

Â