Derisive nicknames for all PL clubs

Marka Ragnos

southampton - scummers

traditionally referred to by pompey fans but bournemouth have been calling them it last few years in an attempt to create a rivalry

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

southampton - scummers

traditionally referred to by pompey fans but bournemouth have been calling them it last few years in an attempt to create a rivalry

Portsmouth - Skates

Mainly by Southampton fans and allegedly because the residents of Portsmouth have sexual relations with sea life…

• Haha 1

Spurs - Y*ds

a derogatory term stemming from their roots as a club with a predominantly Jewish following… which they then embraced to try and take the sting out of it… but have recently said that they don’t like anymore…

Hartlepool - Monkey Hangers

Myth from times gone by that a French vessel during the Napoleonic war crashed off the coast of Hartlepool and the only survivor was a monkey dressed in a French uniform used for entertaining the crew…

According to the tale, the residents of Hartlepool had never met a Frenchman… or seen a monkey… so thought the monkey to be a French spy…

Upon interrogating it and getting no answers (because it was a monkey), the good people of Hartlepool put the simian on trial and found it guilty of espionage and had it hanged…

Ergo… “The Monkey Hangers”

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

39 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Spurs - Y*ds

a derogatory term stemming from their roots as a club with a predominantly Jewish following… which they then embraced to try and take the sting out of it… but have recently said that they don’t like anymore…

Hartlepool - Monkey Hangers

Myth from times gone by that a French vessel during the Napoleonic war crashed off the coast of Hartlepool and the only survivor was a monkey dressed in a French uniform used for entertaining the crew…

According to the tale, the residents of Hartlepool had never met a Frenchman… or seen a monkey… so thought the monkey to be a French spy…

Upon interrogating it and getting no answers (because it was a monkey), the good people of Hartlepool put the simian on trial and found it guilty of espionage and had it hanged…

Ergo… “The Monkey Hangers”

Oh, sorry… I broke the rules… it’s just PL clubs…

Still an interesting derogatory nickname and backstory for said name though 😂

• Like 1

5 hours ago, DJ_Villain said:

Portsmouth - Skates

Mainly by Southampton fans and allegedly because the residents of Portsmouth have sexual relations with sea life…

Not the first Englishmen with that fantasy ... but I imagine you have a sea creature a little less fetching in mind.
 vkfh8wqaeyxrkqnb00g8.jpeg

Edited by Marka Ragnos

On 08/07/2022 at 15:22, DJ_Villain said:

Spurs - Y*ds

Isn't it true that Spurs have only ever been run by Jewish chairmen? Friend of mine is a Spurs fan and fondly calls them the Yids in a non-pejorative way.

2 hours ago, AvonVillain said:

Isn't it true that Spurs have only ever been run by Jewish chairmen? Friend of mine is a Spurs fan and fondly calls them the Yids in a non-pejorative way.

Gazza was managed by a mate of Alan Sugar - I think there was definitely a Jewish network involved in the club - and before anyone shouts antisemite, it's clearly not antisemitic to point out a network - other networks exist. 

11 minutes ago, Jareth said:

Gazza was managed by a mate of Alan Sugar - I think there was definitely a Jewish network involved in the club - and before anyone shouts antisemite, it's clearly not antisemitic to point out a network - other networks exist. 

Do you like the comedian Bill Burr?

He does a wicked sketch about that… I’ll post the link here…

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not a derogatory name for a football club but always made me giggle listening to the name of Bradford city’s football hooligan firm called the ointment🤣🤣

• Like 1

Â