Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Mahrez is the kind of player you have to take a punt on for one or two weeks. 

He just doesn’t play enough, and costs too much, to be a regular in your team

yep. i took a gamble and it backfired. transfer already made as his price is expected to drop again tonight

glad i rolled a transfer this week as think i might need it. james is another i'm looking at...playing at CB just kills a lot of his value

On 02/08/2022 at 20:55, a-k said:

Why not Walker at 5m?

Wondering if I should take a punt on someone from scummy Leeds, they have one of the "easiest" starts to the season...

Missed a trick here with Rodrigo

somehow ended up with a load of green arrows and continued my 100% record in the H2H league

already made 1 transfer this week but got a 2nd to use that i'm not sure of...i no longer have as much faith in the chelsea or liverpool defences

I've had a really poor start this year.

But I'm persisting with the don't panic advise I gave at the start of the season. Some of the players who have had poor starts will come good. The likes of Trent, Robertson and James have all been consistent with points in recent seasons. Taking them all out at this point is a huge gamble, as you're then scrambling to get them back in.

Rodrigo on my bench with 13 points killed me this week, especially as I took him out 5 minutes before deadline for a 1 points Tomiyasu.

30 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

I've had a really poor start this year.

But I'm persisting with the don't panic advise I gave at the start of the season. Some of the players who have had poor starts will come good. The likes of Trent, Robertson and James have all been consistent with points in recent seasons. Taking them all out at this point is a huge gamble, as you're then scrambling to get them back in.

Rodrigo on my bench with 13 points killed me this week, especially as I took him out 5 minutes before deadline for a 1 points Tomiyasu.

yeah you're probably right. chelsea and liverpool each conceding 5 in their first 3 with not much in the way of attacking returns from their full backs is a concern though.

• Like 1

Ended up on some greens and some reds despite a very mediocre week. Not doing badly at all in some leagues so if some players' form turns then I'll be laughing. Fixtures are good for the week ahead so I'll hold fire. Current risks are no Perisic or Rodrigo but I'll swallow that for now. I feel like holding station is the thing to do 

• Like 1

Have 2 FTs so thinking I'll mini wildcard as really not started well. 

Have a few somewhat expensive players horribly out of form (like Mount and VVD etc) but suspect they'd come good long term and have decent fixtures. 

Need to mull it over. 

Didn't wildcard, had 2 FTs so made 3 and took a -4. 

Robbo -> Saliba
Sterling -> KDB
Bailey -> Harrison

Robertson out before Bournemouth could be stupid but oh well, I want to cover Arsenal defence. 

6 hours ago, Farlz said:

Didn't wildcard, had 2 FTs so made 3 and took a -4. 

Robbo -> Saliba
Sterling -> KDB
Bailey -> Harrison

Robertson out before Bournemouth could be stupid but oh well, I want to cover Arsenal defence. 

i have 1 FT left, i'm currently torn between rolling it or bring robertson in for perisic as i have the money in the bank to do so. i'm leaving it till the last minute to decide but i do think i'm going to do that change. liverpool have newcastle midweek so chance for more points there and i do think perisic will be rotated at some stage over the next 3 GWs.

liverpool havent been great at the back but i do like the idea of a double liverpool defence at home to bournemouth

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

i have 1 FT left, i'm currently torn between rolling it or bring robertson in for perisic as i have the money in the bank to do so. i'm leaving it till the last minute to decide but i do think i'm going to do that change. liverpool have newcastle midweek so chance for more points there and i do think perisic will be rotated at some stage over the next 3 GWs.

liverpool havent been great at the back but i do like the idea of a double liverpool defence at home to bournemouth

Be a brave move as most people (myself included) have moved away from double Liverpool defence. 

I'm staying clear until Matip is match fit and the midfield is working again. There's a lot of decent defensive options available elsewhere. 

If it works though would be a good differential. 

13 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

Be a brave move as most people (myself included) have moved away from double Liverpool defence. 

I'm staying clear until Matip is match fit and the midfield is working again. There's a lot of decent defensive options available elsewhere. 

If it works though would be a good differential. 

Agreed...but bournemouth are utter cack

21 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

Agreed...but bournemouth are utter cack

You know I'm not against taking risks. What I would say though is (unless you're about to wildcard) whenever you make a transfer ask yourself if you'd want to keep that player for at least a few weeks. 

25 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You know I'm not against taking risks. What I would say though is (unless you're about to wildcard) whenever you make a transfer ask yourself if you'd want to keep that player for at least a few weeks. 

oh 100% i had that in mind

liverpools next 4 are bournemouth (h) newcastle (h) everton (a) and wolves (h)

i might get proven wrong but think there's a bit of panic selling of liverpool's defenders personally when actually, they've not been THAT bad

1 hour ago, tomav84 said:

oh 100% i had that in mind

liverpools next 4 are bournemouth (h) newcastle (h) everton (a) and wolves (h)

i might get proven wrong but think there's a bit of panic selling of liverpool's defenders personally when actually, they've not been THAT bad

Then go for it and good luck. 

• Thanks 1