Irreverentad's Fantasy Premier League 2022/23

Rds1983

Three transfers made for -4. Had to get James in and upgraded Bailey to Gundogan. Did get rid of Robertson though, so cue a Man Utd mauling.

1 hour ago, BOF said:

Three transfers made for -4. Had to get James in and upgraded Bailey to Gundogan. Did get rid of Robertson though, so cue a Man Utd mauling.

good that you banked the two transfers then you basically had a mini wildcard for -4.

really don't know what i can do at this stage. i'm stubbornly hanging on to perisic and mahrez which could end up as my downfall. neto might be binned off this week if he's looking like he might lose 0.1m value but i'd rather not use the transfer ideally

Seeing debates on twitter about what players to get is fine. Seeing the comments spammed by people gloating that they used a tool pre-GW1 to get the right players because it told them too is just depressing. 

No complaints about looking at stats sites to do your own research or scout sites suggesting something you might have missed (they'll recommend loads of players and you still have decisions to make).

But things like predicted points sites etc just ruin it for me. Where's the decision making? It's like only playing a game using the walk through. What's the point? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

good that you banked the two transfers then you basically had a mini wildcard for -4.

really don't know what i can do at this stage. i'm stubbornly hanging on to perisic and mahrez which could end up as my downfall. neto might be binned off this week if he's looking like he might lose 0.1m value but i'd rather not use the transfer ideally

For me, Mahrez is almost guaranteed to be more out than in. He's explosive so he can haul, but he's 3rd choice winger behind Foden & Grealish, and at that price where you can have a Kulusevski, Diaz, or a Foden/Grealish (the latter saving £1m) I just wouldn't be going for Mahrez. It's actually why I went for Gundogan who has just been made club captain. I know he has Bilva looking over his shoulder but I think the captaincy thing and the season so far means I at least have the starter. Perisic is slightly different. I think he's about to come in. I'd wait 'til later this week for news on him. But yeah, don't suffer ownership bias. I always think re- players I already own - 'Would I buy him if I didn't have him already'. If the answer is 'no' then ask why.

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

For me, Mahrez is almost guaranteed to be more out than in. He's explosive so he can haul, but he's 3rd choice winger behind Foden & Grealish, and at that price where you can have a Kulusevski, Diaz, or a Foden/Grealish (the latter saving £1m) I just wouldn't be going for Mahrez. It's actually why I went for Gundogan who has just been made club captain. I know he has Bilva looking over his shoulder but I think the captaincy thing and the season so far means I at least have the starter. Perisic is slightly different. I think he's about to come in. I'd wait 'til later this week for news on him. But yeah, don't suffer ownership bias. I always think re- players I already own - 'Would I buy him if I didn't have him already'. If the answer is 'no' then ask why.

Id be tempted by Mahrez as a potential set and forget if I had a strong first sub. However, with 5 subs I feel he'll be likely to come on for 10/15 minutes and just 1 point too often. 

Just now, Rds1983 said:

Id be tempted by Mahrez as a potential set and forget if I had a strong first sub. However, with 5 subs I feel he'll be likely to come on for 10/15 minutes and just 1 point too often

Definitely.

11 minutes ago, BOF said:

annoyingly i can no longer have the first 3 of those players you mentioned for the price as he's down to 7.9 now and just isnt anyone else i fancy for that price.

this weekend will be make or break. he's been benched once, and started the next. i really think he might start saturday but if he's benched and then comes on to blank, i'll look to cut my losses

3 minutes ago, BOF said:

The game is ridiculously close so far. Guy in my money league is 13pts ahead of me and that's as near as damn 900,000 places ahead.

You're 26 points ahead of me and ranked 3.5m places higher. 

110 points after 2 weeks shouldn't really be rank 4.7m. Either there's been a ridiculous amount of chips played or the template is ridiculous at the moment. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

You're 26 points ahead of me and ranked 3.5m places higher. 

110 points after 2 weeks shouldn't really be rank 4.7m. Either there's been a ridiculous amount of chips played or the template is ridiculous at the moment. 

I think it's the template. And with Sky now putting FPL graphics and info front and centre in a lot of their football coverage you'll get more and more people playing the game than ever before and a fair share of those looking to content creators online to figure out what's what. It'll be tricky this year :)  We already have over 9 million players!

11 hours ago, chappy said:

I don’t normally pay too much attention to the FDR but just noticed it currently has Leicester away as a 4, same as Arsenal away. Seems a bit outdated.

Yeah official FPL FDR can be really weird at times.

20 hours ago, tomav84 said:

definitely worth it short term. longer term is a rotation risk with chilwell

It was either him or Walker/Ake and i think they will also be rotation risks when they start the european games.

2 hours ago, AshVilla said:

It was either him or Walker/Ake and i think they will also be rotation risks when they start the european games.

i think walker might be fairly safe for minutes throughout the season. little chance of attacking returns though

4 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Should I take a -4 to get Toney in?

It's either Saka or Robbo down to afford him and I'm leaning towards Saka out. Already got Martinelli.

it depends if you buy into the brentford hype. i'm still not at all...even with their decent run of games coming up but that's a total personal preference as i tipped them to go down this season and i still think they're going to struggle. de gea gifted 2 goals to them last week and utd crumbled

i certainly wouldn't be trading in saka for him who plays bournemouth, fulham and us in his next 3.

and why is everyone (not just you) trying to get rid of robertson? he's trending towards a price drop despite being home to bournemouth next week and favourable fixtures after that

not massively happy with my team this week. think it needs a bit of surgery.

best case is that mahrez has a blinder on sunday and everyone jumps on to bring his price back to 8m so i can trade him for luiz.

im not convinced about perisic either. sounds like he's also going to be a rotation risk throughout the season