Diego Carlos

PaulMcGrath_5

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He isnt wrong in fairness. We are probably paying double/treble his wages and dont have European football 

As said before if Spain or France had the Premier League money and Ramsey and Mings got better deals to play to sign for Osasuna or Reims we would be bitter too

I'm not saying he's wrong, but he doesn't have to say it, either. He's trying to save face with the club's supporters, which is understandable. He could've simply said "Diego made the decision he felt best for him, and we respect it and wish him well." 

2 minutes ago, VillaHatesMe said:

I'm not saying he's wrong, but he doesn't have to say it, either. He's trying to save face with the club's supporters, which is understandable. He could've simply said "Diego made the decision he felt best for him, and we respect it and wish him well." 

100 per cent. It lacks class and is desperate deflection. 

Just now, Keyblade said:

It's his job to save face with the Sevilla fans and not the Villa fans.

He owes a lot to Diego Carlos. It is wrong for him to speak about DC in this way IMO and falsely characterise him. We will cross paths with him again, we can talk about sporting projects as we knock them out of the competition.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Villa_Vids said:

Totally different. 

How so?

I think some Villa tinted glasses on regarding this from people. Marseille said something similar and Leverkusen before that

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Zatman said:

How so?

I think some Villa tinted glasses on regarding this from people. Marseille said something similar and Leverkusen before that

I wouldn’t say it’s totally different. Majority sounds very much like what Purslow said. Only difference is Purslow didn’t take a slight dig at Man City in his comments

2 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

I wouldn’t say it’s totally different. Majority sounds very much like what Purslow said. Only difference is Purslow didn’t take a slight dig at Man City in his comments

Its harder to have a dig at the league champions than a team that finished 14th and lost half the league games they played

but Purslow did aim slight digs at Grealish and his posse

Edited by Zatman

Just now, Zatman said:

How so?

I reject that take. The whole Grealish stuff was very different. It was clear communication about the transfer and future after Grealish. Grealish was praised a lot too by Purslow. It was matter of fact without the bitterness. I can't recall Purslow speaking about City or Jack in the context of money being the deciding factor.

Anybody excusing this needs to give their head a wobble.

1 minute ago, Demitri_C said:

Think he is speaking the truth.  We finished 14th last year

It isn't about his opinion on Villa, he is nothing to do with us and has no say in our future. It is his disregard for a player who has been a success for him, it is wrong.

In order to get a cheap shot in at Villa/Carlos, he completely glosses over the fact that they were prepared to sell him to Newcastle, (an offer he was relatively complimentary about) who were neck deep in a relegation battle at the time.

Nothing to see here, just a guy trying to appease supporters

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Villa_Vids said:

It isn't about his opinion on Villa, he is nothing to do with us and has no say in our future. It is his disregard for a player who has been a success for him, it is wrong.

Its sour grapes i agree but i cant disagree its not like he is wrong. We had a poor seasin last year

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Is more chance of Sevilla qualifying for Champions League next season than us

What has that got to do with Villa? 😂 Qualifying for the Champions League or not, they will only be as good as Madrid & Barcelona want them to be. God I hope they do qualify, I could imagine him going off on us in twelve months for signing his star CB for peanuts. 🤣

27 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Its harder to have a dig at the league champions than a team that finished 14th and lost half the league games they played

but Purslow did aim slight digs at Grealish and his posse

Not really sure what “it being harder to have a dig at them” has to do with it. It’s pretty easy to have a dig at that team regardless of table position. 

This is true but if I’m remembering correctly it was more so a dig at how they handled the transfer which was somewhat unprofessional? 

Regardless, at the end of the day it really doesn’t matter what was said. It’s not like he dissed Carlos and then called us a shit team. What was said is incredibly minor in the grand scheme of things.

There’s a bit more to it than who’s going to qualify for Europe - the answer to that one is obvious. 

Money is obviously a huge factor, but the project that the club is selling to players can’t be overlooked. Prospective players couldn’t help but be impressed with signings of the likes of Coutinho and Kamara.

We may have finished 14th last season but given what we are trying to build we’ve got to be an attractive proposition to players. More attractive than a number of the teams who finished above us last season.

Â