Season 22/23 Target League Position

nick76

The poll  

151 members have voted

1. 1. What league position should we be aiming for?

2. 2. What is the lowest acceptable position?

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/06/22 at 23:00

We have to push on, the owners have spunked a good wad of cash for both Smith and now Gerrard and had faith in both.

I am hoping for anything from 5th to 9th as a great season.

Edited by brummybloke

2 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

We have to push on, the owners have spunked a good wad of cash for both Smith and now Gerrard and had faith in both.

5th?

Really?

• Shocked 1

3 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I'm really not seeing why things should be radically different next season.

Aside from the Critchley factor which is an unknown.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

5th?

Really?

A full pre season with the players mind. Those 4 weeks on training pitch will make us world beaters. So different from the 3 week break last winter.

12 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

I just feel that whether you are pro-Gerrard or anti-Gerrard, that 5th is simply an unreasonable expectation. I think 7th is our absolute ceiling right now, if we can be the ‘best of the rest’ then I think everyone from NSWE down would be delighted. 7th and a cup win and I would be over the moon!

• Like 2

Arsenal, Spurs, Man Utd all look to be improving. I think it'll be:

Man City

Liverpool 

Spurs

Chelsea

Arsenal 

Man Utd

And then a scramble for 7th, of which we will be a part, in my opinion.

Villa, West Ham, Newcastle and Leicester are the next tier.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Woody1000 said:

I just feel that whether you are pro-Gerrard or anti-Gerrard, that 5th is simply an unreasonable expectation. I think 7th is our absolute ceiling right now, if we can be the ‘best of the rest’ then I think everyone from NSWE down would be delighted. 7th and a cup win and I would be over the moon!

7th would be bang in the middle of "between 5th to 9th" that I have said I hope for.

9 minutes ago, hippo said:

A full pre season with the players mind. Those 4 weeks on training pitch will make us world beaters. So different from the 3 week break last winter.

Why do you keep harping on about the 3 weeks in January, it’s not the same thing and you know it!

To do a 4-5 week preseason off the back of a decent holiday and a rest is a completely different proposition to having 3 weeks in January, midseason.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Woody1000 said:

Why do you keep harping on about the 3 weeks in January, it’s not the same thing and you know it!

To do a 4-5 week preseason off the back of a decent holiday and a rest is a completely different proposition to having 3 weeks in January, midseason.

Well we will soon find out.

Edited by hippo

45 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think anything in the top 11 will be okay - it'll be the bottom of the group we're competing in, but still in the right group if that makes sense.

I’d say top 10, I know it’s only one place different but a”top half finish” sounds a lot better 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, nick76 said:

5th?

Really?

Lol, remember when we first got promoted, and Deano said " 1st " was where we want to be, in an interview with him and Purslow?

In a sense, I get the sentiment, why play in a competition if you don't think you can ever win it?

As ridiculous as it sounded to most, I actually loved the answer, Purslow did a double take at him 😂.

I say all that to say, fans can expect whatever they want, doesn't mean it's realistic. lol

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Kamara, Carlos, Digne settled and coutinho full pre seasoning 

I don't buy into pre season training making everything good. Not just at villa football in general. 

Sure teams may shuffle up or down a few minor placings - but overall I think we will pick up from where we left of last season.

Sure a couple of very useful looking additions - but other clubs will have done the same.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, brummybloke said:

Anywhere from 5th to 9th 

I get the lower end towards 9th but where do you think we could actually achieve 5th? We are so far from getting anywhere close to that.

39 minutes ago, hippo said:

Really? 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, hippo said:

I don't buy into pre season training making everything good. Not just at villa football in general. 

Sure teams may shuffle up or down a few minor placings - but overall I think we will pick up from where we left of last season.

Sure a couple of very useful looking additions - but other clubs will have done the same.

Ahh back to normality…I knew your other post was off kilter 

• Like 1

Â