Ticket availability

CLARETANDBLUEFOXY

Not sure if this is the right place to put this but wow is it hard to get tickets to Villa these days. Had everything ready for Norwich tickets going on sale at 5pm and there was literally no two seats ticket when they went on sale. I know we have lots of season ticket holders and members but how is it harder to get tickets now than when we were finishing in the top 6? I’d never have trouble back then! Good sign that we are popular but very frustrating when you can’t afford to buy memberships and then tickets on top of that :(  

The memberships are worth it as a one off purchase in so much as I have been able to buy a ticket for every match I’ve wanted to go to (the majority this season) but even then they’re not particularly desirable seats. I tend to sit in the same area each time unless I can get anything better.  
I can well imagine there’s very little left by the time they reach general sale. It’s difficult and quite remarkable really when you consider some of the rubbish people have had to watch this season.

2 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

The memberships are worth it as a one off purchase in so much as I have been able to buy a ticket for every match I’ve wanted to go to (the majority this season) but even then they’re not particularly desirable seats. I tend to sit in the same area each time unless I can get anything better.  
I can well imagine there’s very little left by the time they reach general sale. It’s difficult and quite remarkable really when you consider some of the rubbish people have had to watch this season.

Yeah this is what I was saying to my mate just now! We are playing awful and have simply regressed yet demand is at fever pitch!  

5 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

Yeah this is what I was saying to my mate just now! We are playing awful and have simply regressed yet demand is at fever pitch!  

I logged on at 5pm today for the Crystal Palace tickets on sale to members. Got a couple quite easily but high high up in Trinity. I want a season ticket just so I can get some better seats. I’m on the waiting list but don’t expect to get one. I think it will take a couple of seasons of dross before demand wanes. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

8 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

I logged on at 5pm today for the Crystal Palace tickets on sale to members. Got a couple quite easily but high high up in Trinity. I want a season ticket just so I can get some better seats. I’m on the waiting list but don’t expect to get one. I think it will take a couple of seasons of dross before demand wanes. Let’s hope that doesn’t happen.

Might just bite the bullet and get memberships but it just smacks of taking advantage to make people pay just to stand a chance of going. I know it’s business at the end of the day but it feels unfair. 

• Like 2

After years of under investment and terrible leadership, I think that a lot of people can see that the direction of the club has significantly shifted in the right direction. This season has been poor but with continued investment from NSWE and the continued development of our youth we are not far away from being a reasonable force again. People can get on board with the potential and this is what drives the demand. It’s a bit unfair on those that have been there through thick and thin for sure.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

After years of under investment and terrible leadership, I think that a lot of people can see that the direction of the club has significantly shifted in the right direction. This season has been poor but with continued investment from NSWE and the continued development of our youth we are not far away from being a reasonable force again. People can get on board with the potential and this is what drives the demand. It’s a bit unfair on those that have been there through thick and thin for sure.

I think that’s what annoys me the most. I was going during the awful last few years in the premier league and then still kept going during the  championship days, even managed to get a ticket for the 2018 play off final. Now I’m being priced out but I guess that’s football these days :( 

2 minutes ago, CLARETANDBLUEFOXY said:

I think that’s what annoys me the most. I was going during the awful last few years in the premier league and then still kept going during the  championship days, even managed to get a ticket for the 2018 play off final. Now I’m being priced out but I guess that’s football these days :( 

Yes mate. It’s no longer the peoples game. My Dad used to take me and my sister to home games in the mid 80’s. It would cost about £10 for admission, a programme and a bag of Chips on the way home. He definitely would not have been able to afford what that would cost these days. 

• Sad 1

47 minutes ago, M_Afro said:

Yes mate. It’s no longer the peoples game. My Dad used to take me and my sister to home games in the mid 80’s. It would cost about £10 for admission, a programme and a bag of Chips on the way home. He definitely would not have been able to afford what that would cost these days. 

Well, you’ve given me some comfort - I’m glad it’s not just me getting pissed off with it all lol 

• Like 1

Does anyone have any idea how much the hospitality type tickets are these days? I want to take my old man to a game but as he doesn't have a membership, I'm looking for other alternatives. The main site pretty much states POA so I've no idea how much a meal and a match might cost.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, choffer said:

Does anyone have any idea how much the hospitality type tickets are these days? I want to take my old man to a game but as he doesn't have a membership, I'm looking for other alternatives. The main site pretty much states POA so I've no idea how much a meal and a match might cost.

I took my dad for his 60th for the Watford game. That was £125 + VAT each but essentially it depends on what team we're playing as they're split into price bands. I'd imagine the rest of the fixtures for the rest of the season are sold out now as they seem to sell pretty quickly but I'd recommend giving them a call, they're pretty helpful.

• Thanks 1

Many older VTers on here would be like me. Walk up to the holte, pay on the gate, meet mates on the terrace in our usual spot, sing, chat crap about the girls we (never) pulled at the girls school in our foundation.....watch the game, go home and all for under a few quid - literally. 

Now, I get things have got a load better from almost 40 years ago but now it's a pure game of luck or knowing someone at the ticket office. This is why I am an armchair fan now. The spontaneity of shall we go (on sat morning) is long gone.

One for the old gits nostalgia thread I guess.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

Many older VTers on here would be like me. Walk up to the holte, pay on the gate, meet mates on the terrace in our usual spot, sing, chat crap about the girls we (never) pulled at the girls school in our foundation.....watch the game, go home and all for under a few quid - literally. 

Now, I get things have got a load better from almost 40 years ago but now it's a pure game of luck or knowing someone at the ticket office. This is why I am an armchair fan now. The spontaneity of shall we go (on sat morning) is long gone.

One for the old gits nostalgia thread I guess.

not long gone at all. in the championship days, and in the last few years of the PL before that, you absolutely could get a ticket on the day for most games. we just still have the feel good factor at the moment that's all

and you probably could nab a ticket on some saturday mornings even now as season ticket holders decide last minute not to go and re sell their seats.

36 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

not long gone at all. in the championship days, and in the last few years of the PL before that, you absolutely could get a ticket on the day for most games. we just still have the feel good factor at the moment that's all

and you probably could nab a ticket on some saturday mornings even now as season ticket holders decide last minute not to go and re sell their seats.

I guess I am referring more to the ability to pay on the day or at worst rock up to the ticket office, rather than checking the website in the hope of any last minute returns. 

Truth is I really can't be doing with that uncertainty. I hanker for the days of the holte in its former glory and all that is involved with it. 

I am guessing by your username you probably didn't start going to villa park until the mid 90s,  if you were born in 1984 ? If so, then I suppose what I am talking about won't really resonate with you, about back in the day 

Norwich is a cheapo game in fairness, 25 quid tickets in decent parts of the ground so add in Sat 3pm and DS homecoming and the shock of us actually winning a home game (one win in nearly 5 months isn't it) and don't think it's that much of a shock although sure returned tickets will pop up as the match nears so keep looking.

13 hours ago, choffer said:

Email I received stated from £85+ VAT for Lounge options to £170+ VAT AND restaurant options are from £195 to £375 +VAT. Depends on the grading of the game. States they’re sold out for rest of the season.

grading here : https://www.avfc.co.uk/hospitality/packages/?sc_src=email_1181834&sc_lid=111266897&sc_uid=quol8bKhfX&sc_llid=300&sc_customer=

2021.22 Individual Matchday Hospitality Packages

Please note we are now sold out in hospitality for all remaining home games of the season. 

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Norwich is a cheapo game in fairness, 25 quid tickets in decent parts of the ground so add in Sat 3pm and DS homecoming and the shock of us actually winning a home game (one win in nearly 5 months isn't it) and don't think it's that much of a shock although sure returned tickets will pop up as the match nears so keep looking.

Yeah the Dean Smith homecoming was deffo going to be a high attraction for this game. 

Â