Weekend Football 8/10 April

andykeenan

Just now, Davkaus said:

There's a good 4 or 5 players in that man united team that shouldn't get into our first 11. What a glorious waste of money and potential.

And yet they're still pushing the CL spots. I'm not sure if it's a damning indictment of how bad the teams below them are, or that they're just the luckiest team in the world.

1 minute ago, og1874 said:

And yet they're still pushing the CL spots. I'm not sure if it's a damning indictment of how bad the teams below them are, or that they're just the luckiest team in the world.

There's a lot of shit bring carried by some still quite good players. Take Ronaldo and Fernandes out of the team and it's probably below us in the table.

Of course, you could speculate where we'd be without two of our best players, but we've not spent close to a billion pounds on transfers in the last decade

Just now, og1874 said:

Scarily, I'm not sure how long more we'll be able to say that

Perspective though, when we get to a billion the likes of utd, City etc will be pushing a couple of billion 

And still have a wage bill more than double ours 

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Perspective though, when we get to a billion the likes of utd, City etc will be pushing a couple of billion 

And still have a wage bill more than double ours 

In terms of transfer spend, I genuinely reckon we'll bypass United at some point in the next decade

The best numbers I can find right now for the last 10 years in europe have united top of spending in europe with 1.075bn, and we're 9th with 424m. Of those 10 years, we spent 3 in the Championship, and 5 1/2 as relegation battlers. Our spending has actually been crazy (more than Chelsea, Inter, Bayern, Liverpool, and Spurs)

2 minutes ago, og1874 said:

In terms of transfer spend, I genuinely reckon we'll bypass United at some point in the next decade

The best numbers I can find right now for the last 10 years in europe have united top of spending in europe with 1.075bn, and we're 9th with 424m. Of those 10 years, we spent 3 in the Championship, and 5 1/2 as relegation battlers. Our spending has actually been crazy (more than Chelsea, Inter, Bayern, Liverpool, and Spurs)

Now look at player turnover... That could be crazy, if you take out the youth players that big clubs take chances on flipping there won't be many that have had a higher turnover of players than us

Other than genoa of course 

Just now, villa4europe said:

Now look at player turnover... That could be crazy, if you take out the youth players that big clubs take chances on flipping there won't be many that have had a higher turnover of players than us

Other than genoa of course 

Oh absolutely, we've basically had 4-5 new squads in that 10 year window

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ferguson1 said:

Hopefully the first of many for Davis today.  :clap:

Not seen the goal obviously, but just had a look at the forest forum and Davis apparently give the sha fans some stick. 

Love it if true 😂

1 minute ago, av1 said:

Not seen the goal obviously, but just had a look at the forest forum and Davis apparently give the sha fans some stick. 

Love it if true 😂

See if any of them are brave to try the suckerpunch on him

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

See if any of them are brave to try the suckerpunch on him

Of course they would be, didn’t you know that every sha fan is hard as nails?

Mate

Â