Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

7 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Not sure how Gerrard gets the blame for the transfer window. Aren’t transfers practically out of the manager’s hands these days?

Got to say this has been a disappointing window. Lack of investment when those who we are competing with are seriously strengthening. 

gonna be interesting to see a table of PL net spend over the last 12 months at the end of the transfer window.

Especially if we dont spend much more.

I might even do one myself for all clubs over the past 24 months, if we dont spend fairly big in the next 2 days, you can guarantee we will be towards the bottom of it.

33 minutes ago, Zatman said:

FWIW the squad is fine just need some actual coaching. We have one of the moat bloated squads in the league

At this rate, we’ll end up with the smallest.

Not to mention the amount of players that are out of favour and that the manager has upset…

It’s a mess… I’m very concerned right now… 

11 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

What T F is going on?!

I can’t lie, I’m really concerned and worried…

Time is running out and are we going to be left  with a severely weakened team & squad?

We need a squad and options as well as a good first XI, what options are we going to be left with to change things up or cover for injuries or suspensions?

We can’t weaken the midfield without bringing in better players… even if we have targets lined up, what if we fail to complete deals?

Everything around the club atm and noises coming from it are all so negative and concerning…

Again, what the hell is going on???

How quickly can we get McGinn tanned and learnt in Portuguese?

Good old switcheroo?

I’m not comfortable with this last minute rush and “hustle and bustle”…

and here many of us were thinking we’re a well run and intelligently run club…

that we are prudent and plan things out so well and in advance…

I would suggest that SG has caused most of the problems but… I’m more concerned that we are going to be left in a weaker position once the window has closed… is this going to be a really shit season? Are we going to struggle through it?

Just now, Jas10 said:

I would suggest that SG has caused most of the problems but… I’m more concerned that we are going to be left in a weaker position once the window has closed… is this going to be a really shit season? Are we going to struggle through it?

In a dream world, our board have already reassured our disgruntled players that the clown in charge will be gone very shortly, so they'll stick around.

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

How quickly can we get McGinn tanned and learnt in Portuguese?

Good old switcheroo?

🤣

Can we do that to the manager instead?

You just  reminded me of this tweet that I noticed earlier - 

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

In a dream world, our board have already reassured our disgruntled players that the clown in charge will be gone very shortly, so they'll stick around.

Doesn’t look that way… dream world indeed…

This all comes across as PANIC

5 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

🤣

Can we do that to the manager instead?

You just  reminded me of this tweet that I noticed earlier - 

That would be funnier if there was as much as a 0.01% chance of McGinn ever being dropped by Steven.

Well… could it be a crazy busy deadline day???

Can’t even say I’m looking forward to that… deals can fall through and maybe we’ve lowered our sights in terms of quality options…

Rush, panic…

Or are we just happy to end up with a weaker, poorer squad?

Nothing makes sense right now…

27 minutes ago, Spoony said:

Not sure how Gerrard gets the blame for the transfer window. Aren’t transfers practically out of the manager’s hands these days?

Got to say this has been a disappointing window. Lack of investment when those who we are competing with are seriously strengthening. 

Couldnt help myself, as of right now:

image.thumb.png.cd58a5fd1eb7cd3a4c54397775d90428.png

Edited by MaVilla
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Just now, Jas10 said:

We have until 11pm Thursday…

😬

If these sales happen, worst of all Luiz… are we going to manage to bring anyone good in?

spacer.png

Lucas Leiva just found a new team

Maybe Charlie Adam

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Maybe so… but we need a CB as we are light and time is running out…

I'd rather have no one if we are just going to buy someone rubbish or give a contract longer than a year or two to an older player.

19 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

Signings that are 'planned' tend to fall under three options.

1. They want to come to you and you sign them in pre season (Probably early)
2. They might come to you but they have some other options that they find more interesting that they want to explore and get signed pre season for someone (probably later on)
3. They don't really want to come to you as they think they are above you but they might if their options run out and they are motivated to move for some reason probably money or playing time (they move in the last week of the window)

If we don't sign very good players it is simply a panic buy

Edited by paul514