Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I actually have to kind of agree with you here ( Mind-blowing I know )

It's gutting and a massive blow, and will surely be a shade tougher, but shouldn't be totally derailing IMO.

It's down to SG and the board to make the right choices, whether that be through selection or signing.

Losing Van Dijk 100 percent affected Pool though!

Of course but I think is a lot of excuses from people at the moment about lowering expectations at every turn

Similar to the ones complaining the season before last we didnt qualify for Europe with a shitter squad 😂

Not yourself I will add 😛

3 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Big fan of Mings but I think we’ll look to improve his position next year, a signing like this is getting his replacement in a year early 

Imagine the depth quality if eventually you could have them both!

3 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We have a plan.

The plan: to scramble together a makeshift plan. We may do a loan, we may do a purchase, we may do nothing. But the plan is concrete

The Athletic article says we will get someone in for Carlos. We won’t however make a high profile signing of another CB but instead look for a loan or a cheaper option.

It also says the CB issue makes it less likely we’ll sign another midfielder.

2 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

We have a plan.

The plan: to scramble together a makeshift plan. We may do a loan, we may do a purchase, we may do nothing. But the plan is concrete

A loan with an option to buy would be the ideal outcome. 

The player can come in knowing he'll likely get game time in Carlos' absence, but won't be stuck here permanently as back up when Carlos returns.

An in the event the player excels, we can sell Mings, Konsa or Chambers next summer and activate the option to buy clause.

Depending on funds, I would go all out for Lacroix, Nianzou etc.  

48 minutes ago, duke313 said:

When people say lack of investment, I assume they mean this window.

Digne and Coutinho came in January and we finished 14th with them.  Improvement in the starting XI was needed this window, we signed Carlos and Kamara for that, and now one is out for the season.  We are currently one player off from the same starting XI of last season, that's the issue people have.

But we still have the Jan window to come. If u are including last Jan's purchases in last year's squad then for consistency should we not be waiting till the end of the next Jan window to have a fair comparison?

Just now, Teale's 'tache said:

I would imagine we do in fact have a plan, it's just that Gregg Evans isn't privy to it, so he's had to guess, which seems to be the sum total of his job.

I'd be very very surprised if Lange doesn't have a long list of potential candidates in various price ranges, because you know, it's his job, and he seems to be pretty good at it.

Very few transfers are straight forward though, so it might take a little while before we hear anything.

If Evans says no big signing, expect a big signing. He’s hedging his bets as he always does. We’ve got plenty of time to bring anyone in. 

4 minutes ago, HalfTimePost said:

Sorry if already posted.

"Last minute Fenerbache transfer news. Aston Villas contingency plan: Attila Szalai"

Our monthly link to Szalai

We must really like this guy or Fenerbahce wont give him a new deal his agent is begging for 😂

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

But we still have the Jan window to come. If u are including last Jan's purchases in last year's squad then for consistency should we not be waiting till the end of the next Jan window to have a fair comparison?

We can continue that discussion in the January-Transfer-Window-2023 thread.

38 minutes ago, Zatman said:

No they havent, targets are the same

Injuries are part of football, when Liverpool lost Van Dijk the fans didnt say top 4 is acceptable for the Champions

I am not sure which part of that statement is the more ridiculous. Is it that losing a key member of the 1st 11 shouldn't impact results over the season or that Liverpool, as Premier League Champions had the target that year of simply finishing in the top 4. 

7 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I am not sure which part of that statement is the more ridiculous. Is it that losing a key member of the 1st 11 shouldn't impact results over the season or that Liverpool, as Premier League Champions had the target that year of simply finishing in the top 4. 

the fact you didnt read my comment would be more ridiculous 

9 minutes ago, CarryOnVilla said:

Would it be unreasonable to add Gregg Evens to the speculation ban list? 

Speculation ban list only applies to new topics for players linked to us to be fair

As annoyed as some get about it, this thread is designed for all the BS

(I appreciate you're joking)

Edited by HalfTimePost