Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

6 minutes ago, duke313 said:

Yep, it's looking like this is the case.  I'd be surprised if anybody else comes in before the window closes.

2-3 in before the window shuts, including a CB on loan or a free.

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

as i said yesterday we got kamara and coutinho in for a combined £14m, its great business that should be applauded

instead we get "owners have stopped spending"

and thats also without looking at the circa £150k a week we pay both of those players

its bullshit

It is great business but

Have we come close to doing enough business this summer? No.  

Have we gained any ground on our competitors? No.  

How does our business compare to our competitors? Middle of the road.  We have added quality but so have they.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

It is great business but

Have we come close to doing enough business this summer? No.  

Have we gained any ground on our competitors? No.  

How does our business compare to our competitors? Middle of the road.  We have added quality but so have they.

That doesn't mean that our owners aren't spending 

6 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

as i said yesterday we got kamara and coutinho in for a combined £14m, its great business that should be applauded

instead we get "owners have stopped spending"

and thats also without looking at the circa £150k a week we pay both of those players

its bullshit

But it's not bullshit though because yes those deals may have been good ones but we have also sold Carney for 20m, Targett for 15m, Trezeguet for 4m, where is the reinvestment? Our only big money signing this summer is now out for the season. We have literally only improved on a team that finished 14th last season by one payer (Kamara) who we got on a free transfer. There is no money being spent and it was the same last summer when we reinvested less than we got for Grealish.

I don't know anything about Forest's owners but they're ploughing money in too, our owners are no better than most in this league, they don't spend any more than anyone else, and actually Forest's business looks better than ours as they are actually signing decent players unlike us when we got promoted. 

Wolves have just gone out and spent 38m on a CM that would drastically improve on either McGinn or Ramsey in the midfield. To say we cannot improve on our cM options because we are waiting for the right player to come along is what is in fact "bullshit".

I'm stunned a bigger club than Wolves didn't go for Nunes considering some of them actually need midfielders, fair play to them.

Interesting to see what loans are both feasible and worthwhile at the same time for us at CB. Think Liverpool will be too wary to let anyone leave given injuries, and the Tuanzebe ship will have firmly sailed after last season.

9 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Zero net spend last two summers. Fact.

Spending heavily in infrastructure and academy. 

It might be deemed new additions are not available to reasonable prices, and then we would rather wait. Or simply that right now we cant use money since we are using it on other things (like the to former points)

It takes time to build a well ran club, and I have not seen one indication towards our owners are not heading the correct path. 

33 minutes ago, Farlz said:

We can't allow Hause to leave now without someone coming in at CB.

Would have loved to see us in for Conor Gallagher and use the Chuk tramsfer to get a jump on others, but I think he'll end up at Newcastle now.

I'd be looking at Sarr from Watford with maybe El Ghazi going the other way.

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Whats man city's net spend looking like this summer? 

Their owners not spending too? 

So you’re comparing a club that is supposed to be growing with one that is already top of the elite, trying maintain their position. 😂

3 minutes ago, desensitized43 said:

We can't allow Hause to leave now without someone coming in at CB.

Would have loved to see us in for Conor Gallagher and use the Chuk tramsfer to get a jump on others, but I think he'll end up at Newcastle now.

I'd be looking at Sarr from Watford with maybe El Ghazi going the other way.

Sarr though would play where for us?  He’s quality but the wrong position(s) we need.

4 minutes ago, nick76 said:

So you’re comparing a club that is supposed to be growing with one that is already top of the elite, trying maintain their position. 😂

No I'm saying net spend is a bad measuring stick 

We've done some good deals both in and out hence the positive net spend 

Its not a stick to beat the club with

Edited by villa4europe

22 minutes ago, daft said:

Considering peoples opinion of Gerrard, it rather looks like they are actually chasing relegation. 

All kidding aside, something is up. People don't really like when I pointed out that the owners are actually responsible for the appointment of the man they want out, and if he is as useless as people want to make out, we should be worried as to how they could let something like that slip.

That said, I don't really think we can assume they've stopped spending. Transfer deals aren't done in a vacuum, and good players are the target of many clubs. It's a limited pool. 

It also takes time, so I think we should be patient a bit longer, as most deals will probably go through in the last week of the window or thereabouts. 

I've been quick to praise the owners before but the last 2 summers are a wake up call. What really is their plan?

We had huge investment initially under Lerner remember and then he turned out to be even worse than Doug. But we at least had some success under Lerner (three top six finishes). This league requires constant investment season after season after season, you cannot stop investing otherwise you go backwards and we are still a long way off where the owners and Purslow claim we want to be. We are getting outspent by Wolves, West Ham, Newcastle, even Palace and Brentford are spending more net than us - these are all teams we are supposed to be looking to finish above so I just don't understand where this penny pinching behaviour is coming from. 

Honestly, our owners and management need to stop talking about ambition and actually acting on it. I'm sorry but we haven't done nearly enough to be competitive at the top end of the table this season and coupled with having a manager who doesn't seem up to the job I anticipate another sh*tshow of a season unless we buck up ouyr ideas ASAP.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, MentalM said:

Spending heavily in infrastructure and academy. 

It might be deemed new additions are not available to reasonable prices, and then we would rather wait. Or simply that right now we cant use money since we are using it on other things (like the to former points)

It takes time to build a well ran club, and I have not seen one indication towards our owners are not heading the correct path. 

So we're another Southampton. Great.

3 minutes ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

They're already miles, miles better than us. That's a stupid comparison and you know it.

Its not though is it

If kamara and coutinho were £60m each we'd have a negative net spend and you'd be happy 

That's stupid 

Criticism of the owners is way off, it's knicker wetting 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

No I'm saying net spend is a bad measuring stick 

We've done some good deals both in and out hence the positive net spend 

Its not a stick to beat the club with

But we haven't done nearly enough to take us from 14th, with a manager in charge who doesn't look like he knows what he's doing, to getting to 7th, 8th or 9th. 

City's owners spent 200m net for about five seasons straight to take them from midtable to competing for the league every season. Our owners are not going to achieve that but to get just to 7th or 8th we need to do much more. 

City's owners can have a positive net spend now because their squad is so good they don't need to spend money every season It's completely different from our perspective and you know full well we haven't done enough this summer to improve much on last season. There's too much blond loyalty when it needs to be called out.