Formula One - 2022

BOF

3 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You are forgetting how much Schumacher was looked after by the FIA due to the amount of money was coming into F1 at the time due to him. The bonkers Ecclestone wouldn't have nothing said about Schumacher and he used to get away with absolute murder.

Surprised Mansell is not in that list, known as one of the best drivers of his generation, even went to America to Indi car racing and showed them up.

I think he would be if you went back far enough. I'd certainly have him ahead of Button, Rosberg and Raikonnen no question.

But if you go back that far you start adding Prost and Senna as well

• Like 1

Hamilton gets hate because he's really, really unlikeable personally. He has that weird bellend pretending he's not a bellend in a very false manner thing which rubs people the wrong way about him. He's like a robot that has been told what a normal likeable person should be like. 

He's still a great driver and his success isn't just from being in a dominant team.

23 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You are forgetting how much Schumacher was looked after by the FIA due to the amount of money was coming into F1 at the time due to him. The bonkers Ecclestone wouldn't have nothing said about Schumacher and he used to get away with absolute murder.

Surprised Mansell is not in that list, known as one of the best drivers of his generation, even went to America to Indi car racing and showed them up.

Not actually true. He was stripped of all points in the 1997 season. Every point earned in the entire season stripped for deliberately trying to damage Villeneuve's car and take him out. That was an extremely harsh punishment given what drivers have done before and since. 

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he would be if you went back far enough. I'd certainly have him ahead of Button, Rosberg and Raikonnen no question.

But if you go back that far you start adding Prost and Senna as well

Yeah the post I was replying to said in last 20 years. Senna, Prost and Mansell there if you went back further for sure. My Dad was such a huge Mansell fan.

12 minutes ago, Chindie said:

Hamilton gets hate because he's really, really unlikeable personally. He has that weird bellend pretending he's not a bellend in a very false manner thing which rubs people the wrong way about him. He's like a robot that has been told what a normal likeable person should be like. 

He's still a great driver and his success isn't just from being in a dominant team.

I think the one that did it for me was the season he lost to Rosberg. The antics he was at in the final race and his whole attitude that season. He has become a bit more likeable in last couple of years as he's nearing the end of his career. 

But as I said earlier, all the top drivers have this edge about them. Alonso's entire behaviour in his season with Hamilton at McLaren. Disgrace.

Edited by CVByrne
  • Thanks 1

44 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Yeah the post I was replying to said in last 20 years. Senna, Prost and Mansell there if you went back further for sure. My Dad was such a huge Mansell fan.

I think I said the last 20 title winners, so I think in my head that would also mean Senna and Mansell, and I think both are better than Lewis in their prime. I’d also guess Prost too, If so that’s another better.

Lewis is very good, but I don’t think he’s too 5, probably top 10. 

Seem to be even busier than usual on the grid ahead of the start today. I know it's the F1 circus but all this celebrity parading and non racing stuff is getting embarrasing.

Guess the US TV people feels this is the way to go. Showing what some random celeb is doing in the stands instead of focusing on the race just after a restart or a important pit stop and stuff like that seem to happen every race now.

Just now, Genie said:

Me too. Managed to get all my weekend jobs done and dusted in time. 

Let’s have some drizzle please!

Same, all jobs done 😂

I’d love some rain. And I’d really like to see Sainz win.

1 minute ago, Farlz said:

Wouldn't mind the Ferrari not collapsing this weekend so we get a bit of Max v Leclerc. Also keep Hamilton off the podium. 

I’d love Mercedes, Ferrari and Red Bull to all be fighting it out.