Formula One - 2022

BOF

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

It doesn’t look great

It's the challenge of making a circuit in a city that was built on a grid. We are probably lucky it isn't 4 straights and 4 90 degree corners (not that this design is that far off it). It is a problem really enjoying a sport that compromises itself so much for money. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Straggler said:

Nope, don't like the look of that track at all.

Yeah that doesn't look too promising. I can see 3, maybe at a push 4, possible overtaking chances, but 2 or 3 of those are 90 degree corners which aren't usually great

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Sorry for the crude copy and paste link. I am now suspecting it's an April Fool

https://thejudge13.com/2022/04/01/vettel-retires/

Spoiler

“During the national anthem of Ukraine, sung by Sir Lewis Hamilton, who will accompany himself on the piano, all the drivers will humbly lie down on a prayer mat facing Hamilton.”

What gave it away 🤣

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, leemond2008 said:
  Reveal hidden contents

“During the national anthem of Ukraine, sung by Sir Lewis Hamilton, who will accompany himself on the piano, all the drivers will humbly lie down on a prayer mat facing Hamilton.”

What gave it away 🤣

Lewis Hamilton singing was the first marker......

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Seriously? Why?

I think it’s brilliant (not the punishment, just that he casually did a lap on a scooter waving at fans).

Edited by Genie
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Was it his fault? The Aston Martin suddenly steered to the right?

To be honest I've no idea. He pulled over, let Stroll past, then immediately tried to overtake him. The whole thing was a big shambles. Stroll's explanation for it made no sense at all either, warbling on about the track "rolling off to the right".

But there's no getting away from the fact that Latifi is destroying cars at a tremendous rate.

3 minutes ago, Lichfield Dean said:

To be honest I've no idea. He pulled over, let Stroll past, then immediately tried to overtake him. The whole thing was a big shambles. Stroll's explanation for it made no sense at all either, warbling on about the track "rolling off to the right".

But there's no getting away from the fact that Latifi is destroying cars at a tremendous rate.

My first reaction was what the hell is Latifi doing but watching it a few times I don't understand why Stroll made a sudden change as he wasn't making space to the left hand side