Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Game time is everything for a footballer and when you are brought in just for the odd game it will always be very difficult, especially for a specialized position like a goalkeeper

It's even harder when the fanbase jumps on every indiscretion. How about we get behind Olsen and actually help and support one of OUR players. Unai supports him So should we

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, duke313 said:

It’s irrelevant what you, or I think about Olsen. The only person’s opinion that matters is Emery’s. 

While I get your point it’s a bizarre comment given this is a discussion forum.  

If that was the case this forum would only be quotes from Emery and no discussion either positive or negative because only Emery’s opinion matters.  

Our opinion doesn’t matter as you rightly say yet we all post, yes you and I and all the regulars on here despite none of it mattering. I only asked your opinion.

Edited by nick76
  • Like 1

Just now, villa4europe said:

Then that says more about the negativity that surrounds olsen than it does about the player himself

He's not that bad

I think its more about facts, Are you saying Olsen is an all round better and accomplished goal keeper than Heaton? 

4 minutes ago, pintpotvilla said:

Game time is everything for a footballer and when you are brought in just for the odd game it will always be very difficult, especially for a specialized position like a goalkeeper

It's even harder when the fanbase jumps on every indiscretion. How about we get behind Olsen and actually help and support one of OUR players. Unai supports him So should we

Well said mate. The overreactions on here with regard to Olsen are 'off the scale'

Just now, Demitri_C said:

I can honestly say heaton is 20x the keeper olsen is

Well, maybe 20 times is a bit of an exaggeration, but yes, Tom Heaton is a lot better than Olsen. 

1 minute ago, mjmooney said:

Well, maybe 20 times is a bit of an exaggeration, but yes, Tom Heaton is a lot better than Olsen. 

Heaton can catch a ball and isnt terrified of  commanding his box. I would argue there is nothing in olsens game thats better than heatons

Id say 20x is close to 😉

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

With some justification 

There is no justification....most opinions on here are based on a couple of bad games and I've seen Martinez have just as many bad games. Olsen will improve when he has a number of consecutive games if and when he needs to!!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Villa 59 said:

There is no justification....most opinions on here are based on a couple of bad games and I've seen Martinez have just as many bad games. Olsen will improve when he has a number of consecutive games if and when he needs to!!

Can’t agree, sorry!

5 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Why noel?

Because Olsen was mostly shit for us under Gerrard like everybody else and there is an OK keeper there. It is also a very difficult position to buy when Martinez is number 1. 

Â