Midweek Football 11/13 January

andykeenan

Remember when Spurs, desperate for any kind of silverware, got to a cup final and then sacked the serial winner they had managing them? :crylaugh: 

And replaced him with someone with no 1st team managerial experience.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Remember when Spurs, desperate for any kind of silverware, got to a cup final and then sacked the serial winner they had managing them? :crylaugh: 

That was so bloody stupid of them.

• Like 1

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Forgive my ig norance on Offside rule, but how is a player offside, when Rudiger is basically in the goal mouth? 🤔

I was just about to post that

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Forgive my ig norance on Offside rule, but how is a player offside, when Rudiger is basically in the goal mouth? 🤔

I missed the sequence but saw the replay.

The GK was playing Kane offside. When judging offside there is no difference between GK and outfield player. So Rudiger was the last player back which is normally the GK

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I missed the sequence but saw the replay.

2 minutes ago, av1 said:

I was just about to post that

The rule is you have to have two defenders between you and the goal line. 

Most people assume it’s one because they don’t realise the goalkeeper counts. 

If the goalkeeper is ahead of the defenders then the last defender effectively becomes the goalkeeper in offside terms and the offside line is the second last defender

• Thanks 1

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

The GK was playing Kane offside. When judging offside there is no difference between GK and outfield player. So Rudiger was the last player back which is normally the GK

Sorry I don’t understand. Rudiger was playing him on?

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

So Rudiger basically becomes the Goalkeeper? Strange rule!

Although, quite bizarre that at 38 years old, and a massive Football fan, I never knew this!

• Like 1

Just now, Stevo985 said:

The rule is you have to have two defenders between you and the goal line. 

Most people assume it’s one because they don’t realise the goalkeeper counts. 

If the goalkeeper is ahead of the defenders then the last defender effectively becomes the goalkeeper in offside terms and the offside line is the second last defender

That makes sense. Thanks 

12 minutes ago, Genie said:

Remember when Spurs told Man City to back off Kane when they were prepared to offer about £120m :D 

• Haha 1

Just now, av1 said:

Sorry I don’t understand. Rudiger was playing him on?

It is not the players position ie GK or outfield player. To be offside u need 10 players the wrong side of u. GK was the wrong side. Rudiger was on the line but that is okay as u are allowed one player to be in front of u, which is normally the GK. But Kane was in front of the GK when the pass was made so 10 players behind him and only one in front so offside

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Although, quite bizarre that at 38 years old, and a massive Football fan, I never knew this!

In fairness I would be surprised if some of the referees know this rule unless its against Man Utd

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Lucky man, only 38. So u don't yet need nappies or little blue pills

• Haha 1

Â