Midweek Football 11/13 January

andykeenan

He made a good save to stop Lukaku earlier. If I wasn't busy reading Off Topic at the time I would've come here to write that I always thought he was a decent keeper who was unlucky with us, but fortunately now I don't have to backtrack.

Edited by fightoffyour

5 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Can Norwich surprise us today?

Hopefully, Will send Toon bottom of the league. When perspective new players Google 'Newcastle United' (which they will need to) after a transfer enquiry they will see they are bottom of the pack. 

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

He made a good save to stop Lukaku earlier. If I wasn't busy reading Off Topic at the time I would've come here to write that I always thought he was a decent keeper who was unlucky with us, but fortunately now I don't have to backtrack.

He contributed quite a bit to his own unluck

Just now, Peter Griffin said:

Something radically wrong there. Kane, Son and a few other excellent individual players. Nuno and Jose are not bad managers and now Conte. At some stage they need to stop blaming the manager

Kane thinking he's a midfielder doesnt do them any favours. 

5 minutes ago, fightoffyour said:

He’s average to borderline shit every time I see him play. He’s iffy at absolute best. He will forever be a backup or a player signed by a shitter team who will then realise he’s a bit shit.

His dream of playing under Italian coaches only doesn’t seem to have helped him. 

Just now, villa89 said:

Kane thinking he's a midfielder doesnt do them any favours. 

It doesn't and thinking he should be playing in front of KDB and Sterling and Mahrez while earning 400k+ a week and winning silverware can't really be a positive either

gotta say with Norwich, granted it didnt work in the PL for them, but they did play very attractive football.

Watching them now versus West Ham they are playing basically like Villa did under Smith over the last 12 months, ie: launched balls, pinging the lines, basically long ball city.

almost sad to see, as i say, i know Norwich's passing style didnt work for them in the PL, but watching them play Smith Ball is almost sad.

Genuine question, when did Deano turn from Brentford "the beautiful game" style in to effectively Bruce Ball?

4 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Benzema looks to have got the winner in Saudi Arabia in the semi final of the Spanish charity shield. 

Your read that right. 

Get used to it. I expect all cup finals in the nation where the cup is based will soon be a thing of the past. 

10 minutes ago, villa89 said:

Benzema looks to have got the winner in Saudi Arabia in the semi final of the Spanish charity shield. 

Your read that right. 

Give it a few years and it'll be the same in the Premier League. 

Â