Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

2 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

When he's played on the left, he actually sprinted down the line. When he plays on the right, he's always cutting back.

I’ve thought he looked better down the left, his assist for Mcginn against Watford when we lost 3-2 was great. I don’t think he’s going to be effective on the right he’s got too much work to do to use his left foot and his right foots non existent 

• Like 2

I said during the Wolves game he's easy to defend against because most time defenders just show him onto his right foot and can mostly safely predict he will try to cut back inside to use his left.  I also noticed his only decent ball in against Wolves, and his only two decent crosses yesterday were of his right foot when he went down the line.  So he can use it, he either doesn''t trust it or has orders to cut inside all the time.  The frequent air shots betray a man who is lacking composure and confidence. 

12 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

I’ve thought he looked better down the left, his assist for Mcginn against Watford when we lost 3-2 was great. I don’t think he’s going to be effective on the right he’s got too much work to do to use his left foot and his right foots non existent 

No idea why suddenly he is being played wide right, he is better on the left or through the middle.

Not defending him but it's clear we need players who can provide width, fed up of seeing Digne, Cash doing tit all with crosses

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

No idea why suddenly he is being played wide right, he is better on the left or through the middle.

Not defending him but it's clear we need players who can provide width, fed up of seeing Digne, Cash doing tit all with crosses

Cash is so negative with the ball and at making runs sometimes it’s painful. His first thought is always a pass into the centre or backwards. And at times he stalls so much with forward runs that we don’t trouble teams. Last night was like watching Gerrards team again, we need some signings. I would like to see Bailey on the left too though

26 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Is he? I’d be lying if I said I’ve seen a minute of him playing but his stats and goal returns look good. Bailey and sancho have both struggled since their moves to England for different reasons, I just don’t think baileys suited to the premier league 

Half his goal contributions have came in 2 games, one Bayern won 7-0

32 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

When he's played on the left, he actually sprinted down the line. When he plays on the right, he's always cutting back.

The only good things he did yesterday were two right-footed crosses where he went on the outside.  I think you're right, he is crap at cutting inside, his best performances have come when he has played as an orthodox left winger.  It's pretty rare these days for a wide player to be so poor at cutting inside.

16 minutes ago, VillanousOne said:

And this was also the issue with Augustinsson

1 minute ago, sharkyvilla said:

The only good things he did yesterday were two right-footed crosses where he went on the outside.  I think you're right, he is crap at cutting inside, his best performances have come when he has played as an orthodox left winger.  It's pretty rare these days for a wide player to be so poor at cutting inside.

Yep. He cuts inside, and quickly runs out of ideas and therefore runs into trouble. It's so predictable at this point.

12 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Cash is so negative with the ball and at making runs sometimes it’s painful. His first thought is always a pass into the centre or backwards. And at times he stalls so much with forward runs that we don’t trouble teams. Last night was like watching Gerrards team again, we need some signings. I would like to see Bailey on the left too though

Cash has clearly been told not to push forward as much as he did under Gerrard. It's not his own decision.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

He's actually decent at it, which is why he was the supporters player of the season. As long as he doesn't try to cross or shoot from distance .

Don't agree sorry. Can't beat a man, can't spot a penetrating pass (Young can for example), and is an average crosser. Also lacks composure.

Fans love his attitude, which is unquestionable.

1 minute ago, Tom13 said:

Don't agree sorry. Can't beat a man, can't spot a penetrating pass (Young can for example), and is an average crosser. Also lacks composure.

Fans love his attitude, which is unquestionable.

Not saying he's great or anything, he should be replaced eventually. But he did contribute with some energy and pace going forward which is now lost. He won't win any prices next season as the more reluctant Cash, that's for sure.

2 minutes ago, VillaParkAvenue said:

Not saying he's great or anything, he should be replaced eventually. But he did contribute with some energy and pace going forward which is now lost. He won't win any prices next season as the more reluctant Cash, that's for sure.

Fair enough! 👍

I think there’s a talented player in there somewhere, he has great control and is prepared to get on the ball and drive forwards where possible. Problem is he looks like a guy who will always blow hot and cold, and when you’ve only got 1 winger in the squad and he’s out of form it really shows. At the moment he looks down on confidence and is struggling to do some of the basics right, we really need to buy at least 1 winger this window to relieve the pressure on him

11 hours ago, gwi1890 said:

The amount of times he takes a man on and they get a touch on the ball is staggering, he doesn’t pass and move but it was the correct decision to start him tonight in a attempt to build his confidence. Emery clearly seen something in him and we’ve all seen glimpses I really hope he turns things around.

That's got to be the most underwhelming compilation of an 'exciting' attacking player I've ever seen. He barely does anything in it. There's 1 decent break where somehow the defender catches him up within seconds when he clear ground to sprint into, one good cross, one good pass to switch play, one nice trick to go past the defender who is committed to the tackle, and the rest of it is ultimately futile going nowhere touches which mostly show he can't control the ball very well.

And then you remember that this highlight reel is him playing against a team the better part of 60 league positions below our level.

Tragic.

He's just a slightly quicker version than Traore. Both aren't good enough but I'll tell you something right now, Traore never put in as consistently poor performances as Bailey has this season. There really isn't much between the players.

We need 3 new wide players over the next two windows. I'd get rid of Buendia, Coutinho and Bailey if at all possible. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He's just a slightly quicker version than Traore. Both aren't good enough but I'll tell you something right now, Traore never put in as consistently poor performances as Bailey has this season. There really isn't much between the players.

We need 3 new wide players over the next two windows. I'd get rid of Buendia, Coutinho and Bailey if at all possible. 

Traores got better control, dribbling, finishing, and passing than bailey. Baileys supposed to have more pace but I’d have more confidence in Traore beating a man. I’m actually keen to see what Emery thinks of him in the summer 

Â