Leon Bailey

PaulMcGrath_5

1 minute ago, Jas10 said:

I fear that the majority, if not all, of our players would perform a lot better for other teams…

the problem lies with the manager and the “coaching”… it’s abysmal…

I ageee, our personnel suits a 4-2-3-1 it’s crazy to me that our coaching staff can’t see that. 

Maybe I’m being a bit bias with wanting Leon to stay and do well for us because part of my background is Jamaican too lol.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rustibrooks said:

I ageee, our personnel suits a 4-2-3-1 it’s crazy to me that our coaching staff can’t see that. 

Maybe I’m being a bit bias with wanting Leon to stay and do well for us because part of my background is Jamaican too lol.

Regardless of bias, this is a quality player we are talking about.

At the time, it was seen as a massive coup and surprise for us. And that was under the previous manager (so much for the “Gerrard pull”, bunch of bullshit if you ask me. That’s only relevant to Coutinho and he hasn’t pulled up any trees has he?).

He was a top player in the Bundesliga… injuries have disrupted him here but, tbf, we haven’t even utilised him properly..

He’s not the only one though, shouldn’t get special or preferential treatment really…

Look at Buendia… our best or most effective player imo…

Players have to realise it is a squad game these days too, no one should really be guaranteed a place in the team…

But… we gave the captaincy to someone who has been shit and will always play…

So… 🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

I don’t think baileys been treated too unfairly, he had a mare last year with injuries. Imagine what Buendias side would he saying if he had a Craig butler, Sanson too. Marvs even sending cryptic messages on insta. Gerrards favouritism and chopping of players to try and find his best 11 despite form has created a mess at the club imo

3 minutes ago, Pissflaps said:

I would sell Bailey. Don't need any more stress and drama behind the scenes. Let him go for a profit if we can and let his dad no doubt ruin Bailey's career with his brilliant advice.

I would hope that Leon is his own man and tells Craig to STFU…

Why just sell our better players and lose money on them? That only harms us…

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

I don’t think baileys been treated too unfairly, he had a mare last year with injuries. Imagine what Buendias side would he saying if he had a Craig butler, Sanson too. Marvs even sending cryptic messages on insta. Gerrards favouritism and chopping of players to try and find his best 11 despite form has created a mess at the club imo

Yep, Buendia is our best player and he’s been treated unfairly. Yet his commitment, attitude and work rate is top notch and he hasn’t kicked up a fuss… an example but you also need to be fair to the guy and play him… he always affects and changes games… more than anyone else in the squad…

• Like 1

Just now, IrishVilla10 said:

Everything points to an unhappy playing squad. The Mings/McGinn situation was an absolute farce. 

Gerrard reminds me of Roy Keane as a manager. 

I’d be willing to bet big money that the players would love to see the back of Gerrard.

• Like 3

Bloke has started 2 of the 3 league games we have played after being out injured for practically the whole of last season. If I was Leon I would be telling the fool to keep his mouth shut.

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Surprise surprise. 

I wonder if he’s insinuating that he’s had an offer from another club and wants to leave but perhaps we’re not allowing it. 

‘best in the world’ - LOL

You missed out four words “the potential to be” - pretty important in that quote otherwise you’re deliberately trying to create a false narrative of delusion. Unless it’s an error on your part. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

You missed out four words “the potential to be” - pretty important in that quote otherwise you’re deliberately trying to create a false narrative of delusion. Unless it’s an error on your part. 

I obviously don't want rid of Leon myself, but I want rid of this bulls*hit.

I can see this man ruining Leon's career.

Sometimes just shut the f*CK up!

Ironically I know this feeling, as my parents are kind of the same and I'm almost bloody 40 years old.

Sometimes you've got to put your foot down and establish boundaries ffs, this is a grown man here.

Bloody embarassing, and just more negative shit for the club to deal with.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Ironically I know this feeling, as my parents are kind of the same and I'm almost bloody 40 years old.

Sometimes you've got to put your foot down and establish boundaries ffs, this is a grown man here.

Bloody embarassing.

He’s also his agent too, right? That’s gotta be a weird, difficult balance to find between  their professional and familial relationships.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Everything points to an unhappy playing squad. The Mings/McGinn situation was an absolute farce. 

Gerrard reminds me of Roy Keane as a manager. 

I’d be willing to bet big money that the players would love to see the back of Gerrard.

Seems like it doesn’t it? Sad to see.

How has SG benefitted us in any way?

He’s doing a “hell” of a job 🙄

3 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Bloody embarassing, and just more negative shit for the club to deal with.

Yeah, it seems like Leon distancing himself from Craig a bit would help him rather than hinder him…

he needs to be his own man… I don’t want him going anywhere, especially because it’s going to come at a loss (we won’t make a profit or even our money back) but also because he is a very talented player who we haven’t even come close to seeing the best of…

bit of a trend in our squad really… ☹️

10 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

It’s no error. I don’t think Bailey has the potential to be the best winger in the world. 

Unless you do? 

Â