Premier League 

Super Sunday 

Newcastle v Arsenal 2pm SS2

Man Utd v Liverpool 4.30pm SS2

Spurs v Sheff Utd 7.15pm SS2

MOTD 2 10.30pm

50 minutes ago, Genie said:

Angry Jason Momoa GIF by Saturday Night Live

Ah but not a mention of the women's World Cup draw.

Posts every single cup draw known to humankind but not the Women's World Cup.

Sexist bastard. 😂

• Haha 2

Its going to be a non contact sport soon. That Arsenal pen that was eventually removed for offside, player gets tapped throws himself to the ground. Any contact in the box is a pen, winning the ball is irrelevant now, so boring.

The worst thing is, I'd understand it for violent conduct, I'd disagree but I'd understand it.

But they've confirmed it was given for denial of a goalscoring opportunity. Dispite the fact he got the ball clearly. 

Make the rules up as they go along.

Am I the only one who thinks that’s a foul? I mean he gets a touch on the ball but the follow through is pretty dangerous and could have broke his ankle. The red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity is strange as the ball was running through to the keeper.

That kind of out of control tackle which gets a bit of a touch on the ball and then follows through recklessly even if not deliberately is pretty dangerous. I could almost understand a red card for a reckless challenge (although this would still be harsh) but it’s a yellow card every time for me.

Edited by tom_avfc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, tom_avfc said:

Am I the only one who thinks that’s a foul? I mean he gets a touch on the ball but the follow through is pretty dangerous and could have broke his ankle. The red card for denying a goal scoring opportunity is strange as the ball was running through to the keeper.

That kind of out of control tackle which gets a bit of a touch on the ball and then follows through recklessly even if not deliberately is pretty dangerous. I could almost understand a red card for a reckless challenge (although this would still be harsh) but it’s a yellow card every time for me.

Normally that would be given as a foul yes and it was denying a goal scoring opportunity so yes a red card for me. 

1 minute ago, tom_avfc said:

He actually gets the ball with the end of the top of his foot as he overstretches. However during that attempt his toes go up and he ends up studding Vardy.

I mean just sit there and try stretch with your leg and point your toe out then relax it thats the motion.

Hardly malicious. 

His foot is actually moving away from Vardy, he's played the ball with the outside of his foot to move it towards the keeper and his foot is moving to his right, Vardy runs onto the foot. I don't think it's a foul, let alone a card. I guess if you give it as a foul you can claim he's last man, but Vardy never had the ball so it's hard to see it as a goalscoring opportunity.

Â