The Yoof Of Today

chrisp65

22 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Looks like hard work with the gym bods, the great teeth, hair etc everything perfect for the gram, social media being full of horrible words removed, lots of pressure to be beautiful that I don't think was there when I was a kid, that was a little bit of pressure to be sporty or cool but in general I was lucky at school, the main thing was just don't be a dick

It all just looks less fun if I'm honest, the kids in their early 20s in the VIP area with the bottle of ciroc... I was a dribbling drunken mess so it's a good job we didn't have cameras and Facebook,

100% agree. I'm glad my 20's aren't documented on social media forever! I'd be 'cancelled' in no time! 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

• Dangerous levels of methane gas. 
  • Massive amounts of barely buried asbestos. 
  • Radioactive waste that was buried  there before it was realised just how dangerous is was.    
  • But the cherry on the cake has to be...............it was an abandoned Smallpox hospital.  

People who talk about "the good old days" are talking utter rubbish.    There's no better time to be alive than the present, even with COVID.  

Was that the posh part of Wednesfield? :trollface:

I have to disagree with the good old days comment. I class being a teenager being in the mid 90's as being the perfect time to grow up. The benefits of new and exciting technology in the world but without the downright hate and nastiness of the world today. Blinkered nostalgia? Rose tinted specs? Maybe. But i'd take that era over today. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Xela said:

I have to disagree with the good old days comment. I class being a teenager being in the mid 90's as being the perfect time to grow up. The benefits of new and exciting technology in the world but without the downright hate and nastiness of the world today. Blinkered nostalgia? Rose tinted specs? Maybe. But i'd take that era over today. 

The 90s

Iraq war.

Break up of Yugoslavia and all the resulting conflicts and genocide. 

Rwanda genocide. 

Celine Dion. 

It was hell I tell you.  Pure hell. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The 90s

Iraq war.

Rwanda genocide. 

Celine Dion. 

Ok... let me refine my era. 

Late 90's :)  

10 minutes ago, Mandy Lifeboats said:

The 90s

Iraq war.

Rwanda genocide. 

Celine Dion. 

My undercut was a bigger war crime then anything on that list 

3 hours ago, blandy said:

You needed to put that in a spoiler, so I didn't have to see it. Even the thought.....Gah!

8 hours ago, bickster said:

He hasn't quoted Love Me Do

You two have too much anger. 

I think you need someone to love, someone like you. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, maqroll said:

This is really the fashion in England these days? I saw the other pic of guys that look just like these doorknobs.

Invest any spare capital in the company that makes Odour Eaters. Dump any stock you have in socks

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Invest any spare capital in the company that makes Odour Eaters. Dump any stock you have in socks

Sock stock is all the talk as a top stock to hawk.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Nah, Bob Marley is just Cod Reggae.  Not from Birmingham, home of Reggae. 

I love Brummie reggae. Steel Pulse, Ranking Ann, Pato Banton, Mad Professor. UB40 is fine if its playing at the grocery store!

13 hours ago, bickster said:

Anyway paperboys... bah they were the softies of child Labour.

We had kids in our school that did milk rounds, every Milky had a lad, they'd run to each house and deliver the milk, whilst the Milky generally sat on his arse in the Milk Float.

These kids would be up at 5am, do the round and be in school on time and asleep.

The only time the Milky would get off his arse would be to collect the money on a Friday night and he'd probably make an effort in December

And back then, you'd leave a note in the bottle for extra orders (or to decrease it) so sometimes the lad would have to go back to the same house again to dropp off the extras.

For some reason these kids were also good at running in PE

rik mayall GIF

• Haha 2

16 hours ago, Big Salad said:

I just miss sneaking out of my bedroom window when I was 14 to go fool around with my 17 year old girlfriend at the time and then coming home to have my Dad be mad but also proud of me at the same time. Ah memories.💪😁

I'm one up on you, I had a 18 year old girlfriend when I was 14 😙 My Buddy's older sister. It was very naughty.

• Like 1

Â