Weekend Football 22/24 January

andykeenan

30 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Think I'll just give up with football if Sheffield with 5 points get a win over Man. United before we do.:bang:

I’d usually take the glass half empty approach, but I for one find Man United going from “we’re back” to losing to rock bottom Sheffield United, incredibly funny 😂

Edited by SuperTed
Wrong metaphor
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Another league title for Pep. He has won a few domestic titles in his managerial career. 

6 whole minutes and no one has said “bought” yet, quiet night

would put them level with us too, 7 leagues each, over took us on domestic cups last year, would also mean that in the 8 years of oil money pre pep they had 2 league titles 3 cups, 5 years of pep it could be 3 leagues 4 cups

Just how little city did with all that money pre pep is pretty much ignored

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

would put them level with us too, 7 leagues each, over took us on domestic cups last year, would also mean that in the 8 years of oil money pre pep they had 2 league titles 3 cups, 5 years of pep it could be 3 leagues 4 cups

The CL trophy continues to elude them though. Can see them winning it sooner or later though, which will annoy me I won’t lie. I remember feeling really annoyed when Chelsea got their first in 2012. 

Just now, SuperTed said:

The CL trophy continues to elude them though. Can see them winning it sooner or later though, which will annoy me I won’t lie. I remember feeling really annoyed when Chelsea got their first in 2012. 

I was with my mates who were a mix of baggies, wolves, Everton, Arsenal, Utd and no team

me and the arsenal fan wanted Bayern to win everyone else was English team, couldn’t even get them to understand the ramifications of chelsea getting the prize money, I never want another English team to win it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SuperTed said:

I’d usually take the glass half empty approach, but I for one find Man United going from “we’re back” to losing to rock bottom Sheffield United, incredibly funny 😂

Oh I agree, just makes our constant failures (I know VAR played a part in the latest) oh so frustrating.

Simply must get it right at Villa Park.

• Sad 1

39 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Pep done well to win it this year as Man. City looked ridiculously flat just two months ago. See how they negotiate next month with Spurs, Liverpool and Arsenal but they're in a strong position now.

Still think he'll be judged on CL at end of his tenure and Man. City had some really disappointing exits under him so far.

2 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Well they had to build from further back than other teams like Chelsea for example. Mancini and Pellegrini done wonders for City stability, sure City best players in recent times werent signed by Pepsi like Aguero, Kompany, Silva, DeBruyne, Fernandinho and Sterling and most still City mainstays

10 minutes ago, Genie said:

Can I assume judging by the lack of posts the Spurs / Liverpool game is boring?

I suspected it might be, as almost every time 2 of the top 6 come together they seem to settle for a draw.

It's been a decent watch but more from just waiting for Liverpool move to click given they've completely dominated the game.

I really don't get what Mourinho gets from trying to suffocate these type of games anymore. Had to look at the table just to confirm Spurs are actually 6th and continually losing ground on those above them, you'd think they were still 1st giving the way they're playing. They could be as low as 8th if they lose tonight and Everton and Chelsea win before they next play.

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Genie said:

I suspected it might be, as almost every time 2 of the top 6 come together they seem to settle for a draw.

Please post this before every game, or even every half of football.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Genie said:

Didnt watch the first half but the second half has been good, or rather Liverpool have been good

• Like 1

Â