Weekend Football 22/24 January

andykeenan

1 minute ago, PaulC said:

Mourinho is really underachieving at Spurs. 

Hmmm I’m not sure.

1 cup final, going well in both other cups, 6th in the table (with a game in hand).

I don’t think Spurs can expect to be doing better than than can they? 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hmmm I’m not sure.

1 cup final, going well in both other cups, 6th in the table (with a game in hand).

4 pts ahead of us and we have a game in hand. think they have been lucky in some games as well

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hmmm I’m not sure.

They were top of the league just 6 weeks back. I know they were never going to stay there but let's remember Pochettino finished in the top 4 in four of his five seasons there so not finishing there is massive downgrade on what they've been doing.

Let's remember aswell Son and Kane been in peak form most of the year aswell.

With the new stadium and everything going on Spurs desperately need CL revenue so they have to go all in to get that one way or the other. Two wins in last 8 league games dosen't suggest it's going great.

Just now, VillaChris said:

They were top of the league just 6 weeks back. I know they were never going to stay there but let's remember Pochettino finished in the top 4 in four of his five seasons there so not finishing there is massive downgrade on what they've been doing.

Let's remember aswell Son and Kane been in peak form most of the year aswell.

With the new stadium and everything going on Spurs desperately need CL revenue so they have to go all in to get that one way or the other. Two wins in last 8 league games dosen't suggest it's going great.

No prize for being top early in the season, or penalty for being out of top 4 at the halfway point.

They are in the pack for CL places (I’m not going go say there of thereabouts 👀), in the league cup final, going very well in the FA Cup and Europa League and if they won their game in hand are 1 point off 4th and 2 points off 3rd.

Its waaaaaay early to write Jose off as failing. This could end up being one of their best seasons in their history.

Depends what the Kane injury is really. If it's two months you could see wheels coming off pretty quickly e.g. losing to Everton in cup which is a tough old draw for them and they've got Chelsea, Man. City and West Ham in next 4 weeks in the league so could really fall off the pace if they don't win any of those games.

One good thing for them at least is league cup final being delayed until late April. Man. City would be overwhelming favourites if it wa played in a few weeks but towards the end they might be bogged down in winning the league and CL so may not be a huge priority at that time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

No prize for being top early in the season, or penalty for being out of top 4 at the halfway point.

They are in the pack for CL places (I’m not going go say there of thereabouts 👀), in the league cup final, going very well in the FA Cup and Europa League and if they won their game in hand are 1 point off 4th and 2 points off 3rd.

Its waaaaaay early to write Jose off as failing. This could end up being one of their best seasons in their history.

Yes could be but its a big if

Â