Weekend Football 22/24 January

andykeenan

Just now, PaulC said:

He will probably be positive being as they have broken their goal draught. Big issue for Liverpool is their defence. 

They’ve been unlucky as they are the first team ever to have to deal with injuries to key players. 

1 minute ago, Genie said:

Luke shaw was immense today, or Salah for his 2 goals. 

Full backs rarely get MOTM neither do players on the losing team. To be fair I  havent watched much of it and when you posted that about Pogba I thought you were asking the question whether he should be, not that he was given it. 

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

They’ve been unlucky as they are the first team ever to have to deal with injuries to key players. 

One win since Christmas and that was against an under 18 team which he acted like a clearing in the woods that night. I think we would have knocked them out

• Like 1

Top of the league and knocked out the league champions in the cup and yet Ole still quick to get stick from people. Compare his job performance to Lampard or Bruce and get none of the same criticism

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Top of the league and knocked out the league champions in the cup and yet Ole still quick to get stick from people. Compare his job performance to Lampard or Bruce and get none of the same criticism

How much is his squad cost again?

4 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Full backs rarely get MOTM neither do players on the losing team. To be fair I  havent watched much of it and when you posted that about Pogba I thought you were asking the question whether he should be, not that he was given it. 

I thought it was very generous to give it him. He was poor in the first half, gave the ball away a lot and didn’t bust a gut to get it back either. Missed 2 good chances too. 

Only saw it the once but looked a huge dive from Cavani for the free-kick that won it.

Fernandes took it well but from my very superficial understanding of GKing Alison has to trust his wall there and look after his side better. 

• Like 1

Â