Please tell me when to stop laughing at SHA

rjw63

55 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

It's not about an upturn in form, it's about him having the confidence to play, knowing he's got the faith of his manager.  He's never had that here, so his confidence is always low, because there's an expectancy on him which is to deliver, not to give him the opportunity.

He's a decent player, but the championship is his level.  His knees destroyed his chances of a good PL career.  

He wasn't great for us, but he had a huge expectation on him, didn't deliver straight away, had awful injuries and he's looked poor.  Not entirely blameless, but certainly not worth the criticism he gets here.

That's why he's always looked ok to good when on loan.  It's us, not him. 

I'd rate him as one of the worst midfielders I've ever seen in a Villa shirt.

But maybe it's just me, not him :D 

Just now, Stevo985 said:

As I said, he hasn't performed well (at least not consistently) when he's played for us, but when he's been out on loan, the fans have good things to say about him - Forest, Barnsley and now Birmingham. 

He's shown flashes of good play here, particularly looking OK in the PL at the start of his Villa career. 

Like many, many, many, many other players who come to Villa, we buy them when they look good, play them until they look bad, sell them or get rid of them to other teams and bingo! They look alright and not as bad as everyone here thinks they are here. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Shows how good mink is if he can make a shite player like Gardner look half decent.

The best part though is their best cm cant play in either gane against us

Gardner was absolute trash, it was nothing to do with expectation, I didn't expect anything from him towards the end and he still disappointed.

He didn't have the mentality to play at this club, every touch was heavy, everything was rushed and panicked. He was awful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Gardner was absolute trash, it was nothing to do with expectation, I didn't expect anything from him towards the end and he still disappointed.

He didn't have the mentality to play at this club, every touch was heavy, everything was rushed and panicked. He was awful.

He was consistently our worst midfielder, back when our midfield consisted of people like Ashley Westwood and Aaron Tshibola.

He's shit.

9 hours ago, Zatman said:

If Monk was so good why is he managing blues :detect:

Bigger jobs available and he was never mentioned for them 

Thought he was unlucky to be sacked by Swansea tbh, their next 5 managers or however many they've had since have generally done worse than he did.

Leeds didn't want to lose him as he got them on the right path but rightly or wrongly he chose to walk out on them.

Not so great at Boro, were pretty inconsistant but still 6th or 7th so considering they finished 5th under Pulis not a huge difference imo if they'd kept him for the full season.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

He was consistently our worst midfielder, back when our midfield consisted of people like Ashley Westwood and Aaron Tshibola.

He's shit.

Bannan was also poor here and at the risk of getting Con out of hibernation he's now one of the best playmaking midfielders at this level.

I do agree with expectation levels affecting his performances for us. Another problem was playing him in a two with Westwood, think he'd have looked better with Jedinak.

In any case his chance here has gone but he's shown plenty of times at this level he can be a decent enough player, just wish he wasn't helping them win every other week.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Bannan was also poor here and at the risk of getting Con out of hibernation he's now one of the best playmaking midfielders at this level.

I do agree with expectation levels affecting his performances for us. Another problem was playing him in a two with Westwood, think he'd have looked better with Jedinak.

In any case his chance here has gone but he's shown plenty of times at this level he can be a decent enough player, just wish he wasn't helping them win every other week.

Bannan was poor in the prem. he dropped down a level and found his level. 

Gardner was shit here as well

6 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

Except for when he ran the show against Man Utd in 2011 I think. :lol:  

Was that the Houllier game when all the kids went 2-0 up vs Man U?

Macheda winner in the last minute?

Good times!

9 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Was that the Houllier game when all the kids went 2-0 up vs Man U?

Macheda winner in the last minute?

Good times!

haha! yea.  :lol:  

It was Man Utd, we can't beat Man Utd!! 

Edited by lapal_fan

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

The amount of times we blew leads over Man Utd was absolutely off the scale and only further fuelled my hatred of them.

To make it thread relevant, I hate them almost as much as SHA.

also Macheda played for sha too so its all connected :P 

Â